3. Queen Elizabeth
Booked this on board QM2 when the QE's Asian itineraries were all scrapped. Crazy cheap price made this unmissable. Compared to the QM2 this is the inferior ship in almost every single area. The vaunted decoration of the ship looked a bit tacky, a bit Vegas casino, the public rooms felt cramped and crowded. You can't walk to the front of the ship, the gym seems tired. What most surprised me was the surly attitude of many of the staff; some of those in the Lido buffet were downright rude. The Lido never seemed to have any spare tables for either breakfast or lunch. The food was a smidgen better than the QM2 but again the serving staff were brusque. The theatre is outstandingly good, and the performances (particularly from the inhouse entertainment) were MUCH better than the QM2. Shout out to Ronel, Head of Customer Services, for helping me with my cabin issues. However, it is highly unlikely I will ever choose to sail on this ship again as the price premium Cunard imposes for the supposedly White Star service is simply not worth it. I'd rather save my money and go on Holland America.

Glad I was on for only 6 days

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by ubu62

Compared to the QM2 this is the inferior ship in almost every single area.

ubu62’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Elizabeth price drops

Single Oceanview
Cabin KC
Nice, if slightly cramped. However, the cabin is next to a service room and I was woken every night by the amazingly loud noises of the night staff taking things out of the room, putting them back. I don't blame the staff; I think it was a sound insulation issue. Also, the bedding is a hot polycotton blend that needs to be changed to the same as that in the standard cabins.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins