3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
I love the QM2 - it really is unique amongst all the ships I've sailed on. What I particularly like is the fact that it never feels crowded, and the passengers tend to be a mix of nationalities. After my experiences with 4009 (see below) I was moved to 6026 This cabin has a porthole and is towards the very front of the ship. I thought it was perfect. There can be some noise issues with the port exterior door on deck 7 slamming as it is directly above the cabin but it just needs them to fix the mechanism so it gently closes. Food was excellent, staff were brilliant throughout (shoutout to the waiters in the Commodore lounge who were all consistently excellent), entertainment variable, the choirmaster (Andrew Cavendish-Grey) hysterical and even the tours were reasonably priced. This cruise was affected by the very beginning of the Covid-19 outbreak, so that our itinerary kept changing - first Hong Kong was cancelled, then all Asian ports but we were kept up to date and even though we ended up with a block of 12 sea days I never felt bored or that the high standards of the ship were slipping. Chris Foy one of the onboard Future Voyage Sales staff was outstanding and I'm booked on the QM2 Cape Town to Sydney cruise next year!

Some cabin issues but a brilliant trip

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by ubu62

ubu62’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2) price drops

Standard Inside
Cabin IF
We started in Dubai and my allocated cabin, 4009, an inside, seemed delightful. However, at various times of the day and evening I could hear a booming, a deep bass note that would sometimes make the cabin fixtures vibrate. I finally tracked it down to the film showings in the nearby Illuminations - the sound system has been set up incorrectly so that the bass is over emphasised. I asked them to turn it down and they did - for one performance. Eventually, after several trips to the Pursers Office to complain they moved me to outside cabin 6026.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins