Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review
2,976 Reviews

Nothing Short of Outstanding!!!!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by slavetoabunny

• Sail Date: Mar 2020
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Owner's Suite with Double Balcony

Post cruise report:

To start, I have to say the sanitary precautions on the cruise were outstanding. Every single day the crew washed down all the walls, doors, railings, etc. in every corridor, you couldn't walk two feet without tripping over a hand sanitizer dispenser, and the "washy-washy" (really, they say that) staff were constantly spraying your hands. They were worse than the perfume ladies at a Macy's, lol. You couldn't even get your own beverage at the buffet. A staff member had to dispense it and hand it to you. I was really very impressed. In addition, we brought our own clorox wipes, hand sanitizer, and a bottle of surgical soap to wash our hands.

This was our first cruise on Norwegian and it was nothing short of amazing! The ship, staff, food, etc. were all first rate. I did upgrade our cabin to what they call an Owner's Suite for our 27th anniversary. The package included a 900 s.f. suite with both a forward facing and side balcony. We had a butler, personal concierge, 3-meal dining package (the specialty restaurants are outstanding), unlimited drink package, and wifi included. Owner's suite guests also get 3 full size bottles of liquor in the cabin as well as the refrigerator kept stocked with water, mixers, etc. I had also asked for a pitcher of unsweet tea and lemonade (the lemonade was fresh squeezed) in the fridge and the butler kept it refreshed every day. He also brings an afternoon snack every day - we asked for sliced fruit and a variety of meats and cheeses. You get priority check-in and the concierge meets you at the check-in desk and escorts you to your cabin and you don't have to wait in any lines. There was also priority disembarkation. Included was both breakfast and lunch in one of the specialty restaurants - we did not eat a single meal at the buffet or the main dining room. All this for only $2,000 per person for 7 days. For what we got and being made to feel like royalty, I thought it was a bargain.

slavetoabunny's Full Rating Summary

Owner's Suite with Double Balcony

The cabin was everything we expected and more. Both my husband and I loved having all the space. The bathroom was huge, with a double sink, shower (plenty of hot water), jacuzzi tub with a window overlooking the side balcony, and dressing room. There was also a second powder room right off the foyer. The only shortcoming was the lack of 110v plugs, but we were prepared with several converters. The bed was super comfy. The room steward kept the room in tip-top shape the entire cruise.

Harvest Caye

We went on the Monkey River Eco Tour. We saw a multitude of wildlife, including howler monkeys. The guides were extremely knowledgeable and very personable.

Gumbalina Park

Another excellent tour that I would recommend. Great guide and a fabulous park. It was fun holding the birds and having the adorable monkeys climb on you. At the end of the tour you can stay in the park and enjoy the pool or beach. They have shuttles running back to the boat every 30 minutes.

View All 191 Gumbalina Park Reviews
Chacchoben Mayan Ruins

We took the deluxe tour - which was a group of 10 vs. the big bus. It was so worth it! I enjoy a more intimate group. We had a knowledgeable guide, the bus was comfortable, and there was water, soft drinks, and beer provided!

View All 418 Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Reviews