3. Liberty of the Seas
Galveston is a great port especially if you plan it around one of its many annual events, which this happened to be the last weekend of Mardi Gras and except for being a little chilly, it was fantastic. There are several parades and activities for a whole weekend worth of fun. We had a suite and so boarding would not have been a problem anyway, but we chose to enjoy the festivities and board late and walked right on. Our cabin 1552 was spacious with way more storage than we needed. The balcony was large enough with two chaise lounges and a table with two chairs. The room steward Gom was the best. The only problem with the suite was the bathtub. There was no separate shower and the walls of the tub are so high, I wasn't sure I could get in and out of it without injuring myself. It was crazy and I would never recommend it to ANYONE let alone someone with back problems which my husband and I both have. Sitting on the side of the tub to get out, my feet didn't come close to the floor and I'm 5'7". Well, we also didn't like the location which was near the front of the ship and it was quite a walk for us to several venues, including the Suite Lounge. Frances, our concierge and Suite Lounge host was magnificent. Day one he asked our names and greeted us by name ever since. We loved the ship, all but the promenade on deck 5. It was too cramped and narrow to handle the number passengers. There are separate pools and hot tubs for adults which was great. The food was very good. Ate at all three specialty restaurants and only one didn't care for was Mexican, but we're from Texas and it wasn't what we're accustomed to. Johnny Rockets was fun and even though pay extra about $9 per person it's anything on the menu so it's not a bad deal and it's fun. The only problem is on sea days, you have to wait. It doesn't take reservations and it's quite busy so plan ahead. Breakfast in Chops was good, but the same as your could get anywhere. But if you're in a suite it is nice to not have to search for a table like you do in the buffet. My husband wasn't crazy about the breakfast buffet because it was basically the same everyday. I thought it was ok. The Mystery Dinner on the first night was a blast. Highly recommend it. The other entertainment was quite good from the ice skating show to the variety and comedians. There are a variety of options every night and we didn't do the same thing twice. A friend who was on it in December warned us about the service and said the employees weren't happy. But we found quite the opposite. We were quite satisfied with all of the employees and their attitudes. All seemed good. We would definitely go again on this cruise/ship and we booked a cruise on Ovation in May to Alaska. Disembarkation isn't great even with Suite priority boarding. It said we would be first off, but really you follow the folks who carry their own luggage (makes sense because they can be getting off while the luggage is taken off the ship)., but we thought we'd be on our way before 9 am We had a great time!

Great ship, food and entertainment

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by mimimacaw