• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Premium Ocean View Stateroom
Traveled with children

We choose this cruise as we wanted to sample their new flag ship, having cruised twice before on the Diadema, We were at the time able to book a cabin for 5, having done so on the Diadema where we had 1,5 bathrooms and 5 proper beds, we expected the same if not better!

Embarkation went really well, and we loved the parking at Savonna. However a few more signs would really help.

The cabin 5070 was only a cabin for a max 4 people, only 1 bathroom - with the glass showing through to the cabin - I know there is a curtain but with kids who think it is fun to play with, it doesn't feel relaxing! Well to accommodate our 5th person, we had a camp bed along side the bunk beds, so no space between the dressing table which meant we couldn't get to the window. So after several visits to the reception desk we were offered a second room for free. Great you may say, however Cabin 5076 was just below the Theatre, which had a disco until 2am on one night the noise and vibration was so bad I called reception where I was offered earplugs!

Premium Ocean View Stateroom

The have stopped cabins for 5, so our problem shouldn't happen for any new bookings. 5070 - great cabin for 4, except did not like the see through glass from the bathroom to the cabin. I know there is a curtain but with kids who think it is fun to play with, I did not feel relaxed. 5076 - cabin for 2 was great in design but it is an internal room with little soundproofing - I even heard a neighbour's sneeze.

Port Reviews

La Spezia (Cinque Terre)

Were able to walk into the town from the port.

Find a Costa Smeralda Cruise from $450