Fridtjof Nansen Cruise Review

Wishlist fulfilled

Fridtjof Nansen Cruise Review by BizzyBea17

• Sail Date: Mar 2020
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe

I had, for a long time, a desire to cruise with Hurtigruten and when they offered showcase cruises from UK I booked the first one sailing from Tilbury. The onboard experience surpassed what I had imagined. Embarking was uncomplicated and fairly speedy, considering everyone had to be tested for the Covid 19 virus before boarding the ship. I favoured the idea of checking in on the allocated deck of your cabin. We were given Safety instructions were carried out under cover, and seated - much better than standing out on deck........... uncomfortable and freezing! I have been on many cruises but I found this one less hassle than the others.

When using the lifts you could not fail to be impressed with the view. That's all I'll say because I don't want to spoil your surprise.

The ship is very modern and tastefully decorated with lots of space. No crowding like sardines. Although there are three dining rooms I chose to eat in the same one as I liked the layout. Everything is so relaxed but orderly - there's no queueing at the buffet at breakfast or lunchtime. Evening meals were generally waiter service. Each one of the staff and crew were cheerful and polite.

BizzyBea17's Full Rating Summary

The cabin was the size of two double bedrooms with a dividing curtain separating the sleeping area from the sitting area (with a large window). This meant someone could rest in bed while another read or watched the many programmes offered on the large television set in the lounge area. Good sized shower room. There was sufficient wardrobe space and all you needed was conveniently placed - including tea and coffee etc.

BizzyBea17