G Expedition Cruise Review

Just the most amazing time I spent on a cruise

G Expedition Cruise Review by onyx007

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: Antarctica

G Expedition belongs to "G Adventures" which is a small group tour company with tours all over the world. Therefore if you are a single traveller you could choose to share a room instead of paying a single supplement.

The crew is amazing and guest satisfaction is bigger than holding to a certain itinerary.

I travelled with the tour called "Spirit of Shackelton" from Ushuaia to Falkland Islands (2 days), South Georgia (4 days) and Antartic Peninsula (5 days). Beforehand only this number was clear, but not where we will make landfall. And the crew made really the best afford to make the most landings as possible and we even made detours on the ship to follow a blow of a whale.

Shore Excursions are all included and made with Zodiacs boats, so one should be able to enter such a boat. It's a mixture of landings and Zodiac boat cruises. (Bring at least waterproof trousers and a protection for your camera).

We were provided (included in the price, to take home with you) with a water bottle, which could be filled the whole day at a water station and with a thick jacket.

Also tea and coffee were available through the whole day for free.

During sea days the crew gave lectures about nature, wildlife and history of the places we were visiting. And in the evening we had life music, movies and other entertainment in the Polar Bear Bar and in the Lounge.

The food was amazing for such a small ship and only alcoholic beverages and fizzy drinks had to by bought, but still water was provided free to each meal.

onyx007's Full Rating Summary

The cabin was great and very spacious in compare to other (much bigger) ships I've travelled, altough the shower was very small. But a little secret I learned; as there is a Sauna; there is also a much bigger shower right there. So while I used the shower in my cabin, my room mate used the other one.

Trekking