3. Magellan
We chose this cruise to see the Northern Lights. We didn't see them in bright colour, but I loved how we were let know each night there was a good chance of a sighting. Magellan isn't the fanciest ship we've been on, but it was certainly clean, warm and adequate for all our needs. The staff are constantly cleaning hand rails/ toilets etc all over the ship to reduce bug transmission. We mainly ate with our friends in the Waldorf dining room. Every night I had delicious vegan menus. My husband was very happy with the meat meal choices. On his birthday he got a special surf and turf meal followed by birthday cake and delightful singing by the kitchen crew! Breakfast omelettes were delicious. I miss them already! Ok we missed a couple of ports due to delays with the weather, and missing booked port times, but our destinations were so lovely. Honningsvag with light snow drifting down, was like walking inside a snow globe, so very pretty. My only complaint about the whole 2 weeks, was that the time went too fast. I do agree with reviews about the terrible coughs I heard around the ship, but luckily it didn't grab any of our group. We may think about cruising with CMV again, but it would be nice to know that they had fixed the windows that leak etc.

Northern Lights

Magellan Cruise Review by ckclee

Breakfast omelettes were delicious. I miss them already!

ckclee’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

Our cabin was clean and perfectly fine for us. First cruise with internal room. I prefer a window. Bed was exceptionally comfortable. Tv didnt work well, but then a few days before leaving, my husband pressed a button on the remote and Voila! we had tv channels! not sure what he did. Room was bit hot at first, but after he adjusted aircon, it was fine. Our washing dried every night on the small line across shower. Our cabin man was excellent