3. Magellan
Never heard of this cruise line or ship but got what I thought was a good offer from “trip a deal”, but you get what you pay for don’t you. The sail date was delayed by one day due to bad weather but we missed out on two ports of call for some unknown and not informed reason. We had to organise our transfer from the hotel in London to Tilbury cruise terminal ourselves, something the travel agent could have done as the hotel was full of people for the same cruise, it is a great distance to travel and we jammed 8 people into a mini van for the best cost option otherwise it was 2 train rides or an expensive Uber ride. The television didn’t work, the food was terrible, the same food being served in every restaurant so no variety. I was thrown out of the bed on the second night due to bad weather, the stabilisation system was not working properly or was just not good enough for the seas. As for the entertainment, we only went to the shows for a laugh, singers and dancers without any talent and it looked like the choreography was self organised. I feel sorry for the band as they were the only professional artists on the ship, playing for out of tune and flat singers, dancers were all out of step in every performance, it was cringeworthy. The only good thing was the ports of call, Norway is a beautiful place and sailing into the ports was a highlight of the cruise. I would never cruise with this company again, very low quality in every department and I cannot believe that their other ships are any better as they cater for the English traveller, who I think are easily pleased.

So bad it was laughable

Magellan Cruise Review by Sitdark

Sitdark’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

Cabin was typical for an inside cabin but the bed was terrible, temperature control was non existent as it got boiling hot during the night, every port day the ships exhaust was circulated throughout the cabins on the ship and it was hard to breath.
Our cabin attendant was doing a good job under a lot of pressure.