3. Carnival Panorama
I don't know if I am the first to write about the Mexican Riviera that sale 2/29-3/7, but let me start by sharing we were one of the ships on the news that was held up at Long Beach, unable to Disembark due to a sick passenger that LOCAL authorities wanted to first be sure didn't have COVID-19 and she didn't. However, this hold up did give us an extra day onboard, being fed and entertained at no extra cost. Let me also share this was my first cruise, so maybe my opinion is lacking due to not having comparison, but nonetheless I feel compelled to give it. Ship: Its clean, beautiful and massive! I was traveling with my older sister, but had visions of how much fun my grandson (due next month) could have on this boat when he's old enough. Cabin: Small but enough. If you go on a cruise and spend any more time in your cabin other than to sleep, you may has well stay home. That isn't what a cruise is for, so these folk who complain about space kill me. As long as the room is clean and you have space for yourself and your luggage, that's all you need. Dining: Nothing to compare to, but I didn't go hungry for sure. Most meals were from the buffet for convenience and food was hit and miss. Most disappointing is that the breakfast selection was the exact same thing every day. Guy Fieri's Burger & Fries was ALWAYS good as was the Taco bar on the other side of it. 555° Fahrenheit Steak House served perhaps one of the best rib eye steaks I have ever had. Entertainment: Cruise Director Emma is such a breath of fresh air. She's full of energy, always upbeat (even when our disembarkation fiasco was happening) and as genuinely sweet as the day is long. Her "Fun Squad", I believe, has some potential future Cruise Directors in its midst with the likes of LeLe (spelling?), Gabe and Aussie Neil as the most memorable for me. I didn't attend any shows (not my thing) and saw one comedian who was really good, but didn't go see any others. I was able to take part in a Build-a-Bear workshop and now have the cutest little bear to share with my grandson when he arrives next month. Service: EXCEPTIONAL! Every single employee I interacted with was friendly, smiling and never once seemed as if I wasn't their most important priority. Ports: So, funds were limited for me and my sister who has cruised no less than 20 times wasn't really interested in doing much. We planned to get off the boat at all 3 ports, but only paid for one Carnival sponsored excursion that was 5 hours of beach time in Puerto Vallarta. It would have been nice had our view of the beach not been blocked every 2-4 minutes by a local peddler trying to solicit their wares for the ENTIRE time. :-( The shopping right at port at Cabo San Lucas is just a glorified flea market, but much better in Mazatlan. Finally, the last day arrived. We sent our luggage down the night before and excited our cabin with our carry-off luggage by 8:30 am as directed. Packed into a smoking area like sardines (unable to smoke due to ship fueling), we knew we could have a potential problem when we saw 2 ambulances, a firetruck and a helicopter. Sure enough, a sick passenger who (per the announcements) "did not meet any of the CDC's criteria to be at risk for COVID-19" was taken off the ship and local authorities in Long Beach would not clear us for disembarkation until testing was done. The results did not return until after 9pm and we were told while that was great news, we couldn't get off the ship until the next morning. A lot of people were angry. I missed a flight back to Arizona and had to pay for another, but let me tell you, under the circumstances, Capt Carlo Queirolo, Cruise Director Emma Nixon and the entire staff handled this snag PERFECTLY! Those passengers who were angry should be ashamed of themselves. It wasn't something that could have been avoided by the ship's crew and to mistreat them as a result is uncalled for. If you're reading this and you were one of them, your mama didn't raise you right! I am so grateful for the time I had on the Panorama and for the care taken to make sure we were all fed and entertained even though there was an unplanned 8th day. I was at ease and will jump back on this boat at my earliest opportunity!

Despite bad disembarkation day (not Carnival's fault). GREAT cruise!

Carnival Panorama Cruise Review by OliversGiGi