Disney Wonder Cruise Review

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by aerobabe70

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

This cruise far exceeded my expectations and any other cruise I have ever sailed on. We departed from the Port of New Orleans on the Inaugural sailing on February 7, 2020. Our party was 3 adults- 2 adults and our 21 yr. old daughter. This was our first Disney cruise, though I have been to Disney World 64 times, Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris.

We had a deluxe family verandah. The cabin was large and luxurious, larger than any balcony cabin on other lines. It was overflowing with storage space, we had 5 dressers, space in the closets, and lots of space under the beds. I liked the privacy curtain that closed off the sofa/sofa bed sleeping area from the main bedroom, as it gave our daughter privacy.

The balcony was nice and large. The split bathrooms were great, and I appreciated the bathtub with a much larger shower.

I loved the size of this ship, as it seemed to handle crowds really well, and never felt crowded. We had late dining, and really enjoyed it. Tianas Place was my favorite, I loved the live entertainment, the character interaction, and the food was divine! Animators Palate was great, but Tritons was my least favorite. We always had great food at Cabanas buffet, and the soft serve ice cream by the pool was another hit.

The weather was a bit cool for the first 2 days, so we took advantage of the great movie theater and watched several movies. The theater was packed, but they had a great variety daily. We loved the different shows in the theaters , especially the Golden Mickeys and Disney Dreams.

Castaway Cay was stunning, and the weather was perfect. We went to the adults only beach, Serenity Cay, and really enjoyed Cookies, the beach buffet and BBQ there. We also stopped at Nassau, which is not one of my favorites. We did a day pass to Atlantis, which was fun. Key West was great, and we did the hop on/off conch train, which was a great way to see the island.

Overall, I cannot recommend this cruise any more highly. I am already planning to sail from New Orleans again next year, and I don't know how I will sail with any other line than Disney, even though we are a party of adults only.

aerobabe70's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

The cabin was large, luxurious, with tons of storage space. I loved the split baths, especially with the large tub and shower.

Atlantis Resort

We booked directly with the resort and saved money, the beach and aquarium package. We had an amazing time here.

View All 765 Atlantis Resort Reviews
Castaway Cay

Absolutely beautiful, the best part of the cruise.

aerobabe70