MSC Armonia Cruise Review

MSC Armonia Cruise Review by IsanTom

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom

This was my first cruise on MSC, so I wasn't sure what to expect especially since their website is not user friendly and very slow. I was pleasantly surprised though! I was booked on this cruise plus the 2/24/20 sailing as a B2B. Embarkation was fast and efficient. I was on board by 12PM. I started exploring the ship and made my way to Deck 11 for lunch. The

Buffet was crowded, but I joined a couple having lunch. Lunch was fine and tasty. I normally go to lunch at the restaurants, but the restaurant was closed. Only open on sea days for lunch. They also had a grill for hamburgers and hot dogs and on the opposite side Pizza.

I tried both during my 2 weeks and they were very good especially the pizza.

What amazed me most was the attitude of the crew. They were Outstanding. No matter where you went on the ship the crew were great and most happy to be there.MyRoom Steward "Tiny" was wonderful. I felt like I had a Butler all week. She was eagerto make my cruise experience great. The dining room staff in Marco Polo were alsoefficient, happy, and eager to please. My Maitre'd was especially happy to keep us happy. He brought us specials tastes from Indian Foods in the kitchen which were especiallydelicious. Need another Shrimp Cocktail? No problem. We were very happy with the dining staff.

Overall, a great cruise. I am also booked o the MSC Meraviglia for 4/12/20 for a 21 day TA. I'm looking forward to this cruise after the great experience on the Armonia!

IsanTom's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview Stateroom

Small but plenty of interior storage. I missed a bar of soap in the bathroom/shower, so bring your own if you like. They had shower gel on the wall of the shower.. My only complaint was no FOXNEWS. They had CNN but I don't listen to Fake News! They had a good choice of pillows.

Costa Maya

I have been here many times, but this time I went to the village nearby. You take a tram $4

and return by Taxi $4 p/p. Massages on the beach are cheap. Cheap Beer $1-2.

Just an enjoyable place to walk and shop. They have chairs and umbrellas on the beach, so if you want to swim your right on their beach, We were offered free chairs, so negotiate.

Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve

Enjoyed this stop and had lunch. Plenty of places to swim, but umbrellas were not free.

I want to mention the ships Cruise Critic Reception for Meet & Mingle. They prepared a beautiful huge and delicious cake. They had Mimosas and Bloody Marys and your glasses never got empty. The Hotel Director and his staff just put on a wonderful reception. Then they had a group picture and everyone in attendance received a free photo in their cabin. What a great reception and attention to detail. Well Done Armonia!

IsanTom