• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

IsanTom
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Oceanview Stateroom

This was my first cruise on MSC, so I wasn't sure what to expect especially since their website is not user friendly and very slow. I was pleasantly surprised though! I was booked on this cruise plus the 2/24/20 sailing as a B2B. Embarkation was fast and efficient. I was on board by 12PM. I started exploring the ship and made my way to Deck 11 for lunch. The

Buffet was crowded, but I joined a couple having lunch. Lunch was fine and tasty. I normally go to lunch at the restaurants, but the restaurant was closed. Only open on sea days for lunch. They also had a grill for hamburgers and hot dogs and on the opposite side Pizza.

I tried both during my 2 weeks and they were very good especially the pizza.

Oceanview Stateroom

Small but plenty of interior storage. I missed a bar of soap in the bathroom/shower, so bring your own if you like. They had shower gel on the wall of the shower.. My only complaint was no FOXNEWS. They had CNN but I don't listen to Fake News! They had a good choice of pillows.

Port Reviews

Miami

I prefer Ft Lauderdale!

Montego Bay

Been there many times!

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

Boring!

Costa Maya

I have been here many times, but this time I went to the village nearby. You take a tram $4

and return by Taxi $4 p/p. Massages on the beach are cheap. Cheap Beer $1-2.

Just an enjoyable place to walk and shop. They have chairs and umbrellas on the beach, so if you want to swim your right on their beach, We were offered free chairs, so negotiate.

Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve

Enjoyed this stop and had lunch. Plenty of places to swim, but umbrellas were not free.

I want to mention the ships Cruise Critic Reception for Meet & Mingle. They prepared a beautiful huge and delicious cake. They had Mimosas and Bloody Marys and your glasses never got empty. The Hotel Director and his staff just put on a wonderful reception. Then they had a group picture and everyone in attendance received a free photo in their cabin. What a great reception and attention to detail. Well Done Armonia!

2 Helpful Votes