• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Tigers8932
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Verandah Stateroom

We choose this cruise because I took my mother and she loves Holland America and I needed a real relaxing vacation not a huge party on the ocean with 5000 of my closest friends. The demographic is mostly retired older people. It was nice and relaxing. There were a few things you could do during the day other than lay by the pool such as trivia, bingo, bridge, lectures or go up to the Explorers lounge and play other games. It was a good way to meet people.

The ports of call were good. Nothing I had not seen before but again I wanted to relax.

The food was amazing. We never ate in the dining room because there were so many choices on the Lido Buffet. Most nights they had the some of the same food you would get in the dining room but you were on your own schedule and didn't have to take two hours out of your night to eat dinner.

Verandah Stateroom

Room was spotless. You are still on a ship so space is tight. We had a veranda and moved the coffee table outside for more floor space. There was plenty of storage. Our cabin stewards knew our name the first day and great us using our names every time they saw us.

8 Helpful Votes