3. Nieuw Statendam
We choose this cruise because I took my mother and she loves Holland America and I needed a real relaxing vacation not a huge party on the ocean with 5000 of my closest friends. The demographic is mostly retired older people. It was nice and relaxing. There were a few things you could do during the day other than lay by the pool such as trivia, bingo, bridge, lectures or go up to the Explorers lounge and play other games. It was a good way to meet people. The ports of call were good. Nothing I had not seen before but again I wanted to relax. The food was amazing. We never ate in the dining room because there were so many choices on the Lido Buffet. Most nights they had the some of the same food you would get in the dining room but you were on your own schedule and didn't have to take two hours out of your night to eat dinner. The nightly entertainment was great. There might not have been anything exciting to do during the day but you were only at sea two days. The other days you were in port. But at night I had too much to choose from and sometimes had to eliminate something I wanted to do. We saw every concert at the Lincoln Center Stage. Then it changed into the Blues Club and some nights they had an hour or two of ballroom dancing. The Rolling Stone Rock Room and Billboard on Board were great venues. The music was really good and had a wide variety so there was bound to be a night or two that had something you would like. The two shows on the main stage with the dancers were really good. I only went to one comedian show and he was very funny. Room was spotless. You are still on a ship so space is tight. We had a veranda and moved the coffee table outside for more floor space. There was plenty of storage. Our cabin stewards knew our name the first day and great us using our names every time they saw us. The staff was great from everyone in the Lido Buffet to the bartenders and servers. I was always greeted in the hallway when they passed me. Already looking to book next April on same ship. I know I am leaving something out but we both had a great time One more thing. We took off our own luggage and we were off the ship at 0730 through US Customs and at our car at 0748.

All in All great cruise

Nieuw Statendam Cruise Review by Tigers8932

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Verandah Stateroom

Already looking to book next April on same ship.

I know I am leaving something out but we both had a great time

Tigers8932’s Full Rating Summary