• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

sue12be
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Balcony

The Norwegian Gem was a wonderful ship to get away from the winter blahs in Ohio. We traveled to plenty of warm sunshiny ports with great people and great weather. The ship is small which I like. I meet numerous people and saw them several times throughout the cruise and we would talk like lifetime friends. Everyone was happy and worked their butts off to serve you and make the cruise the best for you. I can not say one thing about any worker on the Gem. We left from New York and returned to New York which gave us four sea days. Those became long days but if you don't mind reading and just chilling then you have come to the right place. As for structured activities provided by the cruise ship don't expect many. Night time entertainment was lacking the shows were mediocre at best I went to just to have something to do. Alcohol was plentiful and free flowing with the drink package.

Balcony

My cabin was located toward the aft of the ship and was 2 floors down from the buffet it was a great location. The room was of average size for a cruise ship and with 2 of us in it we had plenty of room. Suitcases fit under the bed for easy storage. Balcony was nice size and I spent lots of time on it soaking up sun rays.

Port Reviews