3. Crown Princess
We wanted to celebrate our 48th anniversary and we've always enjoyed Princess. Our experience on the Island Princess and now the Crown means we'll only use Princess if it is a newer ship. We had fun on the cruise. We did any time dining and shared tables and every meal we met great folks, had good conversations and decent, sometimes great food. Our room was a mini suite and while old, it was nice, that is our perfect size on Princess. Princess comped us a dinner at Crown Grille for our anniversary and the dinner and the fact they gave it to us were both appreciated. We enjoyed the ports but were sorry to miss Princess Cay. Snorkeling in Bonaire was excellent. My husband had to ask three times to have an old, deflated soccer ball pumped up so he could use it. The gym was nice. Princess should not have this ship in service with the generator issue. Like another reviewer, I have never been seasick in my life and I got horribly seasick one day on this trip. If stabilizers can't be powered or the ship can't power through the waves, why is it being used for cruises? Princess told my travel agent this would be fixed before our trip and should have known it would not be. I heard this issue has been ongoing for months. The spa is amazingly high priced for mediocre services and the staff can barely talk to you because they have to push products the entire time. If you change the subject, they are primed to circle back to selling products. Effy is truly an issue on Princess. A lot of listed activities on board have to do with tacky little Effy give aways. Jewelry is pumped and pushed and hyped. Inside the store it is like a circus event with jewelry pushed to the mostly single female customers who by the end of the trip were fawning over the salespeople, hanging out at the counters, cooing to the salespeople. My husband and I walked out of the store and didn't go back because we were embarrassed for the customers. It isn't like Effy is special to ships, it is all over the internet. They actually ring a bell and cheer when a sale if made. What on earth is that all about???? Truly over done. The Horizon court was o.k., food was decent, never good, but you were always fed. The International Cafe was exceptional, everything was always good, service was great, it probably had the best food on the ship. We found all but a few of the crew to be pleasant and helpful, sometimes very helpful. We signed up for another cruise to the Caribbean but it will be on the Sky Princess next year. No more old Princess ships for us.

Decent cruise, but ships should be fixed when they need to be fixed

Crown Princess Cruise Review by 17pandd

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

17pandd’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB
We love mini suites. My husband can watch tv and I can go to bed without the flickering lights. The bathroom isn't the size of a porta potty like the balcony cabins. Our floor didn't have a cover over the balcony which meant some days it was too sunny to use, but I did enjoy it later in the day and in the morning. I only learned here that I wouldn't have a covered balcony, Princess never told me that.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins