3. Norwegian Encore
This was our 5th cruise. 4th one with Norwegian. a quick trip to get away from the Candian winter. The ship is big. VERY big... almost too big. I found the ship easy to move around in... easy to find things.. but the pool deck was insane. I had read reviews so knew what to expect... had decided not to buy the package for the VIBE package - thought I could endure it... I could not. each chair is side by side along with the others... they had attendants coming to ask for a drink (great) but you could not MOVE - let alone save a seat if you could find one for the hubby or kids. I spent my time on the pool deck sitting way to close to strangers alone - with my headphones on to drown out the conversations of strangers beside me. we saw choir man - GREAT. Kinky boots very good (had seen it on broadway before-held it's own). Ate at the Mexican place and twice at Q as we could not get a reservation anywhere else. Kids really enjoyed the Buffet and we went to Savoir 3 times. all very good. Never used any of the shore excursions - did those on our own. The room was a good size for the 4 of us. (two parents and two teenagers.) complaints about the room.... it was above the cavern night club... for an 'upgraded' room and the noise that came out of that club just didn't compute with me. we survived - but they really shouldn't sell that room at an upgrade due to the noise... The next thing that really made me upset was out 'neighbor had a marijuana habit. every afternoon and evening they would smoke up. the smell was disgusting and foul. we could not sit out on our balcony due to the smell. (now - we are from Canada where it is legal... but seriously??) smell wafted into our room as well so venting is obviously not tight. Again - we survived. But I would have really rather not had to deal with that every day - all day. we did the race track and laser tag. did not do the virtual reality (kids just used the video arcade) my husband used the gym - said it was huge and nice... but crowded in the am - I told him because everyone else has the same idea as him. I would NOT go on this ship again. too big - not enough space in the sun. Kids said they enjoy the rope course more as they can go on it for free (thanks for saving money kids!) and do rock climbing. they did the race track twice. and a few video games.

March 1-beat the spring break rush

Norwegian Encore Cruise Review by cindyjoy

• Sail Date: March 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

Never used any of the shore excursions - did those on our own.

The room was a good size for the 4 of us. (two parents and two teenagers.)

I would NOT go on this ship again. too big - not enough space in the sun.

cindyjoy’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Encore price drops

Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MC
good size - easy enough to move around it.
cubbies and closet for items. we had a tub! never used it - but that was different from previous cruises.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins