3. Norwegian Breakaway
I chose this cruise as a way of seeing the Virgin Islands for the first time. While the islands were fantastic, the standout feature of this trip was Norwegian's staff. They seemed truly concerned that we had a good experience. Teppenyaki was our first dinner reservation on the first day. The show put on by the chef was good. He juggled, told jokes, and interacted well with the people seated. He dropped a spatula a time or two but we all seemed to not be surprised since what he was trying to do was difficult. We caught food he flicked into the air for us to snag with our mouths. Everything tasted fresh and perfectly done. I had chicken. My wife had shrimp and beef. All was good. We both enjoyed Wasabi cocktails too! This occasion was also the first time our waitress, Jayme, shined. I informed Jayme that my wife had a reservation in the spa that appeared as though it would overlap with the dinner at Teppenyaki. We added the spa reservation at the last minute and simply didn't plan enough time for dinner. Jayme called the spa and had them push back my wife's reservation one hour. I didn't expect anyone to do this. I thought this was very nice. At the buffet, I bumped into Jayme 3 or 4 more times over the week. We spoke each time. She asked about my wife and offered to bring drinks to our table. I wasn't expecting to be treated this well at the buffet. At Moderno ChurrascariaI, I enjoyed my first Brazilian barbeque. Several nicely cooked and juicy meats were offered with a garlic flavor on spears brought by the table. Filet mignon, fried yucca, brazilian cheese bread. I tried everything but lamb. I especially liked the beef. My wife was less happy then I was with this meal. She doesn't care for garlic. But I love it! :-) Syd Norman's Pour House accounted for some of my time every night. This is a small club with a bar menu that I was told was limited to what Syd would have us drink. Rock and R & B was played by an above average band whose members were dressed like wait staff. Great idea. Good music. Velvet is a dinner show that I initially had no interest in but ended up being glad I bought tickets for. Music by Earth, Wind, and and Fire, Chic, Gloria Estafan, and Donna Summers was played. Gymnastics in the Cirque du Soleil vein were also equally a part of it all. And, a big dude who could dance like Michael Jackson and Nureyev popped in and out of the show from time to time. He was awesome! Oh yes! The surf and turf dinner was good too! We skipped dessert though. Cagney's Steakhouse served me a 12 oz New York Strip steak that was juicy and flavorful with au gratin potatoes while my wife enjoyed shrimp. The Manhattan Room offered live jazz standards with a singer like Call Me Irresponsible, Georgia On My Mind, Tea for Two, ... While I ate Fettucini Alfredo with chicken, my wife had a salad. Shakers Martini bar on the waterfront had a chocolate martini that patrons raved about. I skipped it and had a manhattan.

Outstanding staff

grover75’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Family Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2
We would have appreciated more than one electrical outlet and more balcony space. But, we understand cruise ships are frequently limited in these areas. The bed was comfortable. Our steward, Louis, kept the room clean. We had sufficient space once we figured out that we could stow away luggage underneath the bed. Good amount of closet space. The safe was very much appreciated.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins