3. Carnival Panorama
I chose this cruise for a 70th birthday blowout with my family. Big mistake. We love Carnival and have cruised with them 3 previous times. I was excited to book on this new ship however I did not investigate it enough. I am mobility challenged with RA and OA and bring a walker with me. My review is mostly based on these facts, not for an able bodied person as my family enjoyed the trip more than I. If you are mobility challenged, be aware that you were not factored in when the ship was designed. I could not get into any of the pools nor the hot tubs. The pools all had a wide, raised edge around the perimeter with no handholds available. I could not raise my knees high enough to step over and there was nothing to hold onto while trying. The hot tubs were a "step in" with no way to ease in. I cannot bend my knew very far so could not crouch down to slide in. They had handicapped washrooms with automatic sliding doors. They were mostly unavailable as the general public would use them even when the regular ones were empty. Oftentimes they automatic doors were not working so you had to try to get into the regular ones, park you walker in a tiny corner or out in the corridor as they had no wide stalls inside. I found the staff disinterested in helping if you appeared to need a hand. It is awkward to carry a coffee cup in one hand and try to maneuver your walker to a table but they would just look at you in passing and keep on going. Other cruises I have been bowled over by the staff's helpfulness in getting a meal or a drink to a table for me. They mostly seemed to be "going through the motions" of their job and didn't smile very much. The rooms are very nicely laid out and the room staff was awesome. The activities were abundant and the ship very clean. They had these amazing Dyson hand washers that you put your hands in and a swirling warm water bath was started. Amazing! Made us wash our hands a lot! It was like a garburator without the teeth! The food was very good however unlike other ships, the variety was very scarce. They had mutiple stations with the same items. It was very different from other Carnivals I have been on as well as other cruise lines (Royal Caribbean and Celebrity). I hope this doesn't sound like a spoiled traveller however it was disappointing after so many wonderful cruises. Plus, it was expensive and I like value for my money. The Panarama did not provide that in my opinion. The Legend was amazing however!

Totally Disappointed

Carnival Panorama Cruise Review by Mutherlode

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
I chose this cruise for a 70th birthday blowout with my family. Big mistake.

Mutherlode’s Full Rating Summary