Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by mwehmeyer

• Sail Date: Mar 2020
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

We chose a cruise to Cozumel/Key West and shortly after booking the itinerary was changed. We ended up going to Key west/Nassau/Coco Cay. We did not want to go to Nassau as we had been there so many times before. The change was made months ago, and had nothing to do with recent virus concerns. We tried to get them to let us change to another cruise or to give us an onboard credit but our requests were refused. If we wanted to change the cruise we would lose our deposits. So we went on with the trip and enjoyed it anyway.

The food was pretty good. Our dining room server was a highlight. He was fantastic. Our cabin steward was ok. He got a little irritated that my friend and I asked him to split our beds apart. Never had that happen before.

We weren't as pleased with the entertainment as we have been on past cruises. The comedian was pretty funny and the impersonator was good. The trivia is something we always enjoy but didn't so much this time.

We did a Highlights of Nassau tour and it wasn't worth the money or time. We should have just stayed on the ship. We enjoyed our day in Key West but it was crowded. We got a South Beach cabana at Coco Cay and we had a good time there. Our attendant was very good.

I got sick with a stomach virus toward the end and had to spend the last day of the cruise in my room. They gave me free room service and called often to check on me. I went to the infirmary and they treated me well.

mwehmeyer's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony

The cabin was fine. There is a good amount of storage. It was clean and everything worked as it should.

Tampa

We stayed the night before the cruise in Ybor City. It was a neat little area. I recommend staying there.

Key West

It was very crowded when we were there this time. We ate at Harpoon Harry's and had snacks and drinks at Smokin' Tuna. There is a free bus that makes a loop around town. Don't pay for the trolley.

Island Tour

The tour was called Nassau Highlights. The driver was friendly and did his best but there just isn't that much to see on the island. I gave an average rating because of the driver. The traffic was insane.

View All 351 Island Tour Reviews
Perfect Day at CocoCay

We rented a cabana on South Beach. It was a nice day and the attendant was great. I'm glad we spent our time on the quiet side of the island. The rest of the island wasn't our cup of tea.

Next Review