Norwegian Epic Cruise Review
4,228 Reviews

NCL Epic March 1st

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Glenn J.

• Sail Date: Mar 2020
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

This is my second NCL cruise, and like the first one embarkation & disembarkation was the smoothest of all the cruises I’ve been on. (Been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean, 15 cruises in total) This ship never really felt crowed, except a few times in the Garden Cafe - When people are breathing down you back to get an extra piece of bacon (I’m positive they didn’t run out of bacon).

I thought all the bartenders were very attentive, specialty dinning was awesome, especially Moderno. My ATV excursion was cancelled the day before we arrived in St. Kitts - So we walked around, and that was a disaster. I’ll preface it by adding that we did that last year, and enjoyed the shopping area, and ventured into the town - and completely enjoyed it. However, this year we were bombarded by taxi drivers, monkey handlers, and hair braiders. And when I left the tourist shopping area, I become very concerned of suspect people watching and eyeballing my wife and me - So we immediately left and got back on the ship.

Room service was very good, but my mini-suite was not worth the money. Very narrow, and the toilet and shower were situated separately, in which I would call a “pod”. Very strange!!!! And the deck for a mini-suite was on the small size. (I’ve had mini-suites on multiple ships and cruise lines, and this was the worst.

Overall, we love cruises, and we’ll be on Breakaway in May with the entire family.

Glenn J.'s Full Rating Summary

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Curacao

Took a cab to a Blue Bay Beach - It was a beautiful experience. From the cab driver, the beach, snorkeling and island, Outstanding!

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

Wanted to shop, and walk around the town, which I did last year with great results. This year we were bombarded by yelling cab drivers, monkey handlers and insulting hair braiders - and it just continued when we enter the town. Felt very uncomfortable with people watching every move. We immediately went back to the ship

Glenn J.