• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2020
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

This is my second NCL cruise, and like the first one embarkation & disembarkation was the smoothest of all the cruises I’ve been on. (Been on Carnival and Royal Caribbean, 15 cruises in total) This ship never really felt crowed, except a few times in the Garden Cafe - When people are breathing down you back to get an extra piece of bacon (I’m positive they didn’t run out of bacon).

I thought all the bartenders were very attentive, specialty dinning was awesome, especially Moderno. My ATV excursion was cancelled the day before we arrived in St. Kitts - So we walked around, and that was a disaster. I’ll preface it by adding that we did that last year, and enjoyed the shopping area, and ventured into the town - and completely enjoyed it. However, this year we were bombarded by taxi drivers, monkey handlers, and hair braiders. And when I left the tourist shopping area, I become very concerned of suspect people watching and eyeballing my wife and me - So we immediately left and got back on the ship.

Room service was very good, but my mini-suite was not worth the money. Very narrow, and the toilet and shower were situated separately, in which I would call a “pod”. Very strange!!!! And the deck for a mini-suite was on the small size. (I’ve had mini-suites on multiple ships and cruise lines, and this was the worst.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Port Reviews

Curacao

Took a cab to a Blue Bay Beach - It was a beautiful experience. From the cab driver, the beach, snorkeling and island, Outstanding!

Bonaire

Walked and shopped - very good experience

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

Wanted to shop, and walk around the town, which I did last year with great results. This year we were bombarded by yelling cab drivers, monkey handlers and insulting hair braiders - and it just continued when we enter the town. Felt very uncomfortable with people watching every move. We immediately went back to the ship

1 Helpful Vote