• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Golden Princess Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

"Melbourne to Fiji Snooze"

Review for Golden Princess to Australia & New Zealand
agmorizzi
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Oceanview (obstructed view)

This is our fourth cruise and our first trip with Princess cruises. We are both in our early 60's but found that the average cruiser was much older with very few young people and families on board. We make friends very easily, yet found it difficult this cruise, I'm sorry to say. I would not recommend Princes cruises if your under 65 as everything on board is catered for an older crowd, from entertainment to product availability in the stores. Day activities were limited to trivia and bingo, and nightlife seemed to stop at 11pm, so it became boring to say the least. Even the deck chairs were not laid out before 10 am and gathered before dark. The food court was good and never closed which was convenient, there was also free pizza, burgers and ice cream at the centre pool. I know being in your early 60's is not young, but I'm sorry to say that this cruise compared to others we have been on was a snooze- fest!

Oceanview (obstructed view)

This ship is in need of refurbishment, although I heard it was being sold to P&O in October.

1 Helpful Vote