3. Celebrity Summit
We really enjoy sailing out of San Juan and no ship is better to do that on than the Celebrity Summit. This was our 3rd voyage on her in the past 6 years. We like the small to medium size of the ship and the new refurbished look is a plus. We were very lucky to have great weather throughout the week. The islands affected by the last hurricanes seem to be coming back to life which is great for the people who live there. San Juan itself, appears to be better than before especially by the Pan Am pier hotel area. We really enjoyed the food aboard the Summit. The new layout in the buffet seems to make it easier to find what you are looking for. The single seats along the window were where my wife and I chose to sit most mornings. At first I thought it looked like they took away seating but it actually freed up tables by leaving them for parties of mostly 4 people. This cruise was very port intensive which was nice. The last day was our only sea day. Chair hogging is still alive and well but we only had the one sea day and we were able to find some loungers around 9am. We didn't dine at any of the specialty restaurants or upgrade our drink packages this time. To be honest, we usually could get discounts once onboard but not this cruise. Every representative we asked would not budge and I was too proud to lose at the game, lol. We normally book our cabins midship on deck 8. This time we booked deck 7 by the forward elevators. The cabin was quiet and we didn't really feel any extra movement. The worst part for me was the long walk to the main activities which all seem to be near the back of the ship. We did get our exercise though. We really ended up having a fun time onboard. The Silent Disco was as fun as always, but it was too popular in that people were not able to get a set of head phones unless they arrived early. It has become the in thing to do. The staff all seemed very friendly. You were constantly being greeted by everyone who worked there, which was nice. All in all, this was another great cruise. I only hope future cruises do not get affected by the Corona Virus epidemic that has people nervous about cruising. Celebrity is being very understanding which is another reason we love to sail with them.

Third time on Summit

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by JUST TRIPPIN'

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A

JUST TRIPPIN'’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Balcony 2A
Cabin 2A
Front of ship near elevators on the port side. The bed is nearest to the bathroom and the bed is on the left side of the room. Appreciated all of the storage space. Surprisingly motion free room and quiet.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins