3. Norwegian Epic
Ok so we (group of 12) choose this ship and cruise line for the ports it was going to. I usually cruise with Royal Caribbean and after this cruise with NCL I will he going back. I had read several reviews about this ship after I booked and pretty much except a few who had really bad experiences everyone was spot on. Getting on and off the ship was a pretty smooth process when your trying to get 2500 people on. If you like music the entertainment was excellent. Howl at the moon is a must! It's from 9pm to 1am 4 nights on ship. Singing dancing and drinking it's a really fun time. After 11pm it does tend to get a little R rated. Beatles show is really good and lots of other lounge type singers who were very good also. Food and wait staff was top notch, being a party of 12 they accommodated us great. Cagney's and Le Bistro are a must. Cruise director and staff left a lot to be desired as far as making your time on board fun. We booked all but 1 shore excursion with AAA and were very glad we did. Smaller group size for less money. Aruba we grabbed a taxi 16.00 for 6 people to go to the beach and shopping. Note beach chairs and umbrellas are very costly on the beach. We paid 50.00 for 1 umbrella and 2 chairs. On Curacao we paid 5.00 for 2 chairs and a umbrella. Curacao had the best beaches and clearest water by far. We booked with a company called Compass on Bonaire for a sail and snorkeling trip. Well worth the money. Super professional people who new a lot about the history of the island. Also took us too a remote place to snorkel. On the way back it was beer, water or rum punch and lite snacks. Did the Diamond falls botanical gardens excursion on Saint Lucia and it was just ok Way too long of a trip about 90 minute drive to arrive at falls. The worst thing about this ship is the cabins. It's the main reason I would never book again on the Epic. When you open the door your shower is on the left and your toilet is on the right. There is a small curtain to pull to block view from rest of the room. The sink is at the foot of bed. The bed is a curved shape so if your over 5'7 your feet will hang off the foot of the bed. You can only have one person moving around the cabin at a time or you will be constantly getting into each other's way.( very narrow) I like to sleep in or nap before we eat dinner and with setup its impossible for my wife to get ready without making a ton of noise. Most ships have a small bathroom to shower and get ready in away from main part of the cabin. Not the Epic. Also if you have to get up to use the toilet at note since it's right by the bed you hear that loud flushing sound everytime. What we all said was they made these way to small so the could get a few more people $$$$ on board. Lastly since they are now offering the drink package almost free on every cruise, be prepared to see your share of drinks after 10pm. Also are balcony cabin was on deck 9 towards the back of the ship. We heard the ships engines loud on and off when we were pulling into a port. Mostly between 6-8. No sleeping when this was taking place. If you book than ask for a cabin towards the front of the ship.

Nice ship bad cabins

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Disbidnesd

• Sail Date: March 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Way too long of a trip about 90 minute drive to arrive at falls.

Disbidnesd’s Full Rating Summary