- Summary: we have cruised a number of lines (Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Princess, Celebrity, Holland America, Oceania.) This was our first cruise on NCL and was the best experience we have had on a mass-market line. Excluding Oceania which is our favorite but in a different price bracket. We would definitely use NCL again if they have itineraries/prices that suit us.
- This cruise was chosen for price (free at sea items), departure port rather than destinations.
- Embarkation smooth and fast, disembarkation not so good (lack of info)
- Ship was in excellent condition, décor understated but pleasing.
- Even although the ship is large (4000 passengers) it never felt crowded and the layout meant you never really see huge masses of people in one place.
- Observation lounge is amazing and a great place to pass time, get light food and drinks. It was never crowded even on a sea day when the pool deck was closed due to weather.
- Speciality restaurants most nights had spare tables. We did 4 of them. All of them (Teppanyaki, Cagneys, Ocean Blue, La Cucina) had good menus and the food was great. Teppanyaki was the best, La Cucina the worst (not that it was bad but the menu was pretty bland standard americanized italian)
- Main dining rooms - Food was better than we expected based on CC forums. Savour - had to send a beef tenderloin back because it was over-cooked. The dish was replaced very quickly and courteously with apologies.
- Restaurant staff were prompt and very friendly although it was obvious they were not familiar with the rules re the wine packages.
- Bar staff were friendly but rushed. I like a scotch sour (whisky sour using Scotch) - only Maltings made a decent one. Some that I ordered were not even worth drinking. Manager of wine cellar was excellent!
- Entertainment (atrium shows, Jersey Boys, Six) was excellent. We did not use the go karts or water slides (being seniors...)
Cabin was typical size (great for 2, no more), had plenty of storage, was in good order and room attendant did a great job. Really nothing to complain about. Don't care about towel animals.
Good tour (bus drivers, attractions etc.) but not enough time to cover all the KSC attractions.View All 235 Kennedy Space Center Reviews
Very enjoyable tour. Also includes informative city tour.View All 72 Ardastra Gardens Reviews
We arrived in NYC 2 nights ahead of the cruise to do our own exploring.
Did not bother to go ashore. Tendering was apparently a nightmare. Still calling groups to go ashore between 1 and 2pm