• Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions
Celebrity Edge Cruise Review

Best Celebrity Cruise ever.

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by etamu306

• Sail Date: Mar 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: AquaClass Stateroom with Veranda

I was ready to go back to Celebrity after taking about 20 years off. I felt I was too young at the time for the passengers back then. Well, now at 58 I truly enjoyed the Edge and the changes away from the cruising cult.

I had the 4 perk package with an Aqua Class cabin. I was thrilled that I was never asked to sign a check, even at the specialty restaurants.

The restaurant concept was like eating at a new restaurant every night which we did except for 2 nights at Blu. We also did Fine Cut and The Edge dinner on the Magic Carpet.

Spa was great, no pressure.

I loved the new infinity veranda room. Made the room larger when the shutter was open. Also, you were able to keep the window open all night long if you wanted to hear the motion of the ocean.

Embarkation and Debarkation was amazing. I had never gotten on or off a ship that fast.

The crew was very friendly on the entire ship.

Only complaint from me is once again people hogging up the deck chairs and never sitting in them. I was traveling with a friend and if you got out to the pool after 9am it was impossible to find a deck chair together. I wish any cruise line would make this a priority.

etamu306's Full Rating Summary

AquaClass Stateroom with Veranda

We had the Aqua Class with the infinity veranda. I loved it. I did not have any noise issues that I had read. The bathroom and the shower with the different shower heads were amazing. No need to even go to the spa to shower which I often did since I have long thick hair and hard to wash.

Key West

Just experienced local bars.

Costa Maya

Can't respond since our port of call got cancelled due to high waves and wind. We had pre-paid for a beach club on our own. Ya Ya Beach Club. True to there claim we had our money refunded. That was nice and I hope to go to Ya Ya Beach Club in the future.

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

Went to Royal Palms beach club. We rented a cabana. You don't get anything special for your money and our server was never around. The tip was added in but our server said it was for the cooks and restaurant so basically asked or an additional tip. Next trip to Grand Cayman I would do another beach close to a restaurant with rental chair since all the beach areas are public.

Cozumel

We got to stay overnight in port since we went straight to Cozumel after Costa Maya was cancelled. Got to see some local night life. The shops and bars at at the port were all closed since the daily cruise ships had moved on. On our full port day we did a local seafood restaurant La Perlita which never disappoints and is far way from the 1,000's of daily cruise tourists.

etamu306