We chose this cruise as it fitted in with my husbands shifts and as it was close to my 60th birthday. We did not enjoy the "fine dining" experience but that was personal choice. We preferred the flexibility of eating in the Palms Cafe. When we originally booked we requested 2nd sitting but were allocated 1st which was too early for us. Sadly on the occasions we did eat breakfast and lunch in the Thistle Restaurant the staff really let things down with their attitude and grumpy expressions. Complete opposite in Palms, always greeted in friendly welcoming manner. The manager and restaurant crew could learn a lot of the Palms team on customer service! Unfortunately we found the majority of the entertainment in the Neptune left a lot to be desired, only one of the acts could actually sing! Most evenings it felt like we were watching a bad school concert. The tours ashore were excellent value and very informative. We booked a couple before we went on the cruise and others whilst on board. Would do it this way again. Average age on board must have been over 80 but this did not detract from the enjoyment of our cruise. Had a beautiful balcony suite which was really worth having. Lovely to relax and enjoy the scenery. Unfortunately the end of the cruise was rather messed up by the over reaction of the Dominican Republic but cannot praise the Captain and his crew for how they sorted things out and looked after us. There were a lot of ignorant people complaining with regard to various aspects of those final few days but I really dont see how they could. I cant praise Fred Olsen crew and staff for all they did for us.

60th birthday cruise

Sue0812’s Full Rating Summary
Get Braemar price drops

Balcony Suite
Cabin BS
Excellent cabin with amazing balcony.

Perfect for a nice relaxing cruise.
  Braemar Deck Plans