• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Celebrity Summit Review

Editor Rating
38 Awards

Not bad, but the customer service....

Review for Celebrity Summit to the Southern Caribbean
RedinKY
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Concierge Class 1

Not a bad trip, but the biggest letdown was the customer service after the cruise. Let this be a warning to make sure you get things settled before leaving the ship, because Celebrity Cruise lines will not help you afterwards. Without getting into a long rant here, the after cruise department basically told me that yes, we did not provide you with a service you paid for and that its unfortunate. So instead of refunding the $187 (off of a bill that was over $8500) he stated that neither he, nor Celebrity Cruise lines, nor Royal Caribbean cares that I'm upset, can prove the fact that I did not receive what the wife and I paid for, and that I can take a hike. Did not care that I have been on multiple cruises with that company and did not have a care that I was an upset customer.

As to the ship that went an overhaul last year, I didn’t care for it. More “modern” than before with fixtures, although the rooms had a nice update. Beds were nice, and cleanliness was on par. A lot of the chairs and furniture was updated (not for better in my opinion...think skinny/uncomfortable) but it seemed the food took a hit. The buffet was the same size but the quality seemed to take a hit.

For families traveling, I used to say “go celebrity” but after our horrible experience, check out Norwegian.

Concierge Class 1

Port Reviews

San Juan

Great port, easy on and off

2 Helpful Votes