Emerald Princess Cruise Review

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by silversneakers

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I loved the itinerary offered on this cruise. I had not sailed on Princess since 2005 so I was looking forward to my cruise. Even though we were not able to get into Samoa, we had a couple of extra days in Hawaii and one in French Polynesia. The ship is 13 years old but I thought for the most part it was very clean. The staff was outstanding and the Captain was amazing interacting with the passengers and leading a couple of interfaith services in the theater. There were plenty of activities to choose from and impossible to do everything. I love going to the casino but I have to say whatever product they use to mask the smoke smell really irritated my throat. I did notice the casino was not a popular venue during the times I was in there but maybe because there were not many people winning anything on the slot machines, This was probably the worst casino on a cruise ship that I have been on for the payout reason. My husband thought the food was terrible, particular the buffet.The traffic pattern at the buffet was a nightmare, no organization for passenger traffic. My husband actually lost weight on this cruise and who does that?? I managed to find things I liked for the most part but we have different likes. Entertainment was hit or miss but you can't please all of the people all of the time. The volume in the theater is almost unbearable. Overall we really enjoyed the cruise, particularly the itinerary.

silversneakers's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

Cabin was very small, no sofa or love seat to sit on and the shower was really small.

Whale Watching

Tender port so we tendered in only to take a boat back out close to the ship to watch the whales. We probably could have seen them just as well from the bow of the ship but we did see them so that's all that counts.

View All 70 Whale Watching Reviews