• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Wonderful Rum Punch
Skyway bridge
Sunset in Costa Maya
Roatan

Just got home from our cruise on the Dawn out of Tampa. I have to say that I was really disappointed in our cruise this time. I am a dedicated NCL cruiser but I have to say this cruise was a big let down. We have been on the Dawn before, as a matter of fact we did the the same ports on the Dawn, but nothing like this.

The first problem was the smoking area, I know smoking is bad for you but I am a smoker like many others. The smoking area consisted of 4 possibly 5 tables on the 14th deck only accessible by stairs. It was so packed that honestly you felt like you were in a can of sardines. Also the the non-smokers wanted the entire 14th deck and constantly complained about the smokers in the designated smoking area.

Next was the problem with the ports. Out of the 4 ports only the private island wasn’t so congested with people that you could move. There were only 2 ships there. Costa Maya, Roatan, and Cozumel had a minimum of 5 to 6 ships in port. Also we had to tender into port for Roatan and the winds and water was so rough that many passengers didn’t leave the ship because of the delay.

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

Cabin was clean but the a/c control did not work for the first 2 days. Was fixed on the third day.

Port Reviews

Harvest Caye

Snorkeling was amazing. Mario was our guide and he was the best

3 Helpful Votes