Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by dianneace

• Sail Date: Mar 2020
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

I really love the luxury of not having to fly to go on a cruise, New York is an hour and a half away and I am grateful that NCL has ships sailing from NYC port. The Bliss is a beautiful ship, very very up-to-date in every respect. I feel there is something for everyone onboard, from dining, entertainment, activities etc.

Embarkation was crowded BUT organized considering there were 4900 people onboard this week. There was a huge Canadian presence because it was spring break and the announcements were made in English and French which was very thoughtful, it did however, make the Muster Drill longer, but hey I get it, fair is fair.

We had some things included with our fare - the drink package, 3 specialty dining, 250 minutes of internet. We went to Cagney's, La Cucina and Le Bistro all excellent restaurants. My sister and her family went to Q The Texas Smokehouse and they were wowed with the portion sizes and said everything was delicious. The buffet dining was good too with plenty of choices and lots of stations, so when you go in don't go to the first station you see, walk forward a bit and you will find the same foods being prepared and it's less congested. The main dining rooms were good as well, plenty of choices there. The Local is open 24 hours and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night bites, pretty good service and the food was yummy. Try the pretzel bites, great little snack.

Service was the same as all other NCL cruises I have been on. These people work really hard 10 to 12 hours a day and they deserve a huge round of applause. A special shoutout to Burton and Jocelyn bartenders in the Skyline Bar in the casino and Mickey our room steward. Speaking of casino, guess what, SMOKE-FREE, they do have a separate casino for the smokers that is completely glass enclosed.

Our cabin was an aft balcony that had a little larger balcony. The bathroom and storage was perfect for us.

We had 3 ports - Port Canaveral, we stayed on the ship, Great Stirrup Cay which is beautifully done from that last time I was there 10 years ago and it looks like they are doing a lot more there and last stop Nassau we only got off the ship to "stretch our legs" and get a t-shirt for my nephew then we returned to the ship which was fairly empty, so we had lots of seat choices at the pool that day.

We saw Jersey Boys twice and the performers were exceptional and did a fabulous job. DON'T MISS SEEING IT!! I saw half of Six which I really didn't care for, but again the performers voices were awesome, it's just the storyline that wasn't that great.

Disembarkation was good too. My brother-in-law needed a wheelchair and it was well organized getting him off the ship. They do face recognition now because the scan your passport photo when you embark so when you leave you look at a minipad type screen and thats that you're done, easy peasy.

This was my 17th cruise (my 8th with NCL) and I can't wait to go again on any ship. NCL does it right by having freestyle everything, you do what you want when you want.

dianneace's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom

Our cabin had a bit larger balcony because the ship jogs out a bit on this part of the ship. I do like being aft and it was not noisy. The room was just right, good storage and nice bathroom and shower.

dianneace