• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

dianneace
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2020
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom
Took this pic sitting on my lounger under the palms trees.  Just thought it

I really love the luxury of not having to fly to go on a cruise, New York is an hour and a half away and I am grateful that NCL has ships sailing from NYC port. The Bliss is a beautiful ship, very very up-to-date in every respect. I feel there is something for everyone onboard, from dining, entertainment, activities etc.

Embarkation was crowded BUT organized considering there were 4900 people onboard this week. There was a huge Canadian presence because it was spring break and the announcements were made in English and French which was very thoughtful, it did however, make the Muster Drill longer, but hey I get it, fair is fair.

We had some things included with our fare - the drink package, 3 specialty dining, 250 minutes of internet. We went to Cagney's, La Cucina and Le Bistro all excellent restaurants. My sister and her family went to Q The Texas Smokehouse and they were wowed with the portion sizes and said everything was delicious. The buffet dining was good too with plenty of choices and lots of stations, so when you go in don't go to the first station you see, walk forward a bit and you will find the same foods being prepared and it's less congested. The main dining rooms were good as well, plenty of choices there. The Local is open 24 hours and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night bites, pretty good service and the food was yummy. Try the pretzel bites, great little snack.

Balcony Stateroom

Our cabin had a bit larger balcony because the ship jogs out a bit on this part of the ship. I do like being aft and it was not noisy. The room was just right, good storage and nice bathroom and shower.

previous reviewnext review