Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Marley54

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

We picked this cruise for a couple of reasons:

The ports of call

Smaller ship

Less kids

The embarkation was quick. Disembarkation just as good. We booked the cruise shuttle to take us back to the airport which was one of the best decisions we made. The buses were right there to pick us up. Our buses were clearly marked.

Being a smaller ship there was less to do but easier to find your way around. When a lot of activities were in the Centrum, it was a small area and seats were limited.

Our group ate at the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch and the Dinning room or Windjammer (taco nite) for Dinner. We had "my time dinning" which we booked the same time every night.(5:30) We did miss the photo with the captain, not sure if that was a timing issue or he was dinning room only not "my time dinning". The food was good. Lots to pick from.

It took several days to find out we could get Evan water instead of the other no-name brand and canned pop instead of fountain pop for our drinks (with our deluxe drink package)

We had a lot of fun playing mini golf. (Rules depending on who was playing)

The cost of the 10 day cruise was good. It was the cost of getting there that was more than we thought. On top of the airfare you have to add baggage fees per checked bag & seat fees both ways - times two. I would take the time and find the best deal and check out other airlines and other airports.

I would also suggest you sign up to Cruisecritic to learn all you need to know about everything you should know before your cruise. I did and I was well informed.

Marley54's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony

Cabin was a little tight but doable. It was well kept by Sean. I found we had enough storage space for suitcases and clothes. (I brought extra hangers) Love to watch the ship pull into the ports from our balcony. Being closer to the front, there was some movement at night but it did not bother us. My husband has acid re-flux so we asked for the wedge on his side of the bed only...worked great. The location of the cabin was perfect close to pool, bars, food and elevators. (a little motion or location, we pick location)

Labadee

It rained. Shuttles were a good idea. We got to see the beaches. The food was good on the island. Because of the weather we did not stay long.

Marley54