3. Marella Discovery 2
Poor food. Poor service. Poor entertainment . Ship not as good as others in Marella Fleet. Not enough staff on bars. Waiters stood around chatting. Waiters telling me it isn't my job to serve on this area. It's not my job to do something about empty water machine. Lack of hygiene. Snack Shack . One member of staff putting fruit juice on back of his hand to taste if it was strong enough. In front of me whilst I waited. A certain arrogance with shop staff, off putting. Maintenance moving us whilst they did jobs. Drains on deck 9 being cleaned out next to our sun beds. Stinking drains. Total lack of enthusiasm with some staff. This ship doesn't compare to other Marella ships we have been on Stale entertainment, seen it all before. New all answers to quizzes. Only one guest act during two weeks in theatre. One very good opera singer in Atrim. The food in buffet it not kept hot. The food in Gallery 47 below usual standard. Window in our cabin clouded up.

Poor service and food. Ports of call not good choice

Marella Discovery 2 Cruise Review by Stpaulsdrive

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean

One very good opera singer in Atrim.

Window in our cabin clouded up.
Stpaulsdrive’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Discovery 2 price drops

Clean well positioned. Noise from below decks. Lost sleep

We had two 7 day back to back cruises on this ship. 7 to 14 days Colombia, Panama. Costa Rica. Did excursions in Panama and Colombia, well worth it. Incredibly hot, so take hats and umbrellas.
Jamaica is overpriced in shops. Colombia good deals. Fantastic leather goods.