3. MSC Armonia
This was our third sailing on the MSC Armonia. We needed a handicapped cabin and were fortunate to get one on this cruise. It makes it so much easier on my husband so he does not have to climb a step into the bathroom every time he enters the bathroom. The bars around the shower were very helpful and having a chair in the shower was wonderful. Our cabin steward, Mohammed, was amazing. Our room was kept so clean and neat, everything in its place. We had a sleep timer on our remote control, just a little hard to use since it was in a foreign language. Our cabin steward always asked if there were any special needs whenever we saw him. He provided us with distilled water for our Cpap machine, extra blankets to keep us warm at night and he even filled my ice bag every night. We went to the life boat drill and were glad we did not have to stand during the drill. We went to our Sail Away Party that I had set up thru Cruise Critic after the drill was over. Not too many showed up but we celebrated our voyage by going to the Gelato Bar and had free cones of gelato with sprinkles. We met about 6 cruisers from our roll call. Difficult to talk because the band was so loud. We all compared notes about the Meet and Mingle Party that I had set up for the first sea day at 10 AM. So glad the ship stayed on our time to avoid confusion. The Meet and Mingle Party was spectacular. Robert Moik, The Hotel Manager arranged for the party to be held in a large lounge. Robert had a sax player entertain us before the party started with some beautiful songs. Miguel, our cruise director, opened the party and spoke to the over 41 roll call members who attended the party. He was a true delight and very informative. Miguel had me on stage and asked me to speak to the crowd and welcome them to our cruise. I was completely unprepared but somehow the words just came to me and I was so overwhelmed by the reaction of the crowd. Robert had a beautiful strawberry shortcake sheet cake prepared for the Cruise Critic Group and served free drinks to all who attended. At least ten officers attended the party and we all posed together around the cake while a photographer captured a photo of the entire group. Robert had an 8 x 10 photo sent to everyone who signed up for the party. What a great party. Immediately after the party we went to the casino for a Slot Pull Party that I had set up with Jeffrey, the casino manager. Jeffrey was so helpful planning the party. He awarded prizes to the top 3 cruisers who had the highest scores and he also awarded souvenir bags from the casino which also contained souvenir baseball caps from the casino along with 2 floating keychains to all who attended the slot pull. Since we were Diamond Card Members we were invited to dinner in the Surf and Turf Restaurant. Brenda, the manager of the Surf and Turf Restaurant, arranged a large table for the 7 of us who decided to have dinner together. The service and food were excellent. Brenda, surprised us with a sheet cake as an extra dessert. The food in the main dining room was good. Our waiter, Kishawn Wilkerson, was excellent. The best service we ever had on a ship. This was his last week on the ship and we do hope his contract will be renewed. The pool was too cold for us. The pizza on the pool deck is the best on the high seas. The hot dogs were great as well as the burgers. The buffet was very crowded and the food was not that appealing except for the wraps. They were yummy. We really missed the stracciatella gelato that was always there on our last 2 voyages. Best flavor of gelato!! We had to settle for the chocolate. How do like that “Settle for Chocolate”. We played trivia 3 times a day and enjoyed every minute of it playing with Tom and Gerry (the most travelled cruisers with MSC Armonia) and our friends from Florida, Doris and Gene whom we met years ago on another MSC Ship the Poesia. We also played the Pub Trivia game which was a real challenge. We came in second place. Very disappointed with the prizes that were awarded for this week long game. Only gave a prize to the first place winners (champagne) but nothing for 2nd and 3rd place. Surely they should have been given a token gift for all the dedication to appear every night for a week. The shows were very good. Abyss was the best show and so was The Time of Your Life. Did not care for the Adams Family. The Crew Talent show was excellent. The ushers with the bowler hats were hysterical before the last show (Abyss) And finally the Armonia has the best staff upon the sea. What a great cruise! Overall we had a great time. Well done MSC Armonia.

Great Cruise on the MSC Arrmonia

MSC Armonia Cruise Review by lorenzod

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom – Fantastica

And finally the Armonia has the best staff upon the sea. What a great cruise!

Overall we had a great time. Well done MSC Armonia.
lorenzod’s Full Rating Summary