• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Armonia Review

Editor Rating
7 Awards

Beware of this cruise line - not for disabled solo traveler

Review for MSC Armonia to the Western Caribbean
BucketListFun
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2020
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom – Aurea

I chose this cruise line because they advertise in my TV area of Texas and after a total of eight cruises Cunard and Holland American Cruises I thought I would try a different line. Booked and paid for $2,100.00 for balcony aurea all inclusive package. Did western Caribbean cruise and was not accommodated with easy access tours. Was told I am too old (age 76) and disabled to cruise the Caribbean, they are poor counties and not set up to accommodate the people confined to a scooter. Not allowed anything but water in your stateroom, if you want a soda or drink you are expected to purchase it out of the minibar in the refrigerator in the room, even if you have an all you can drink card. Can only order 2 items per person through room service. You have to pay extra for iced coffee drinks, gelato and juice bar.Thermal spa has no water feature, only outside whirlpools that require climbing steps to get in and out. Hard to get scooter over threshold of doors. Food is under seasoned and undercooked. Main stage shows are uninspired and boring and there is no harmony of the voices and they only have a week of rehearsal so the dances are less than exciting. The only good thing, and it is really good, is the staff and crew. They are really friendly, helpful to the point allowed by corporate, and always greet you with a smile. If you sail this line do not miss the crew show, it is better than any other entertainment on the cruise. My personal experience was hurtful, disheartening and disappointing. I feel I was deceived by the company and feel I did not get the value for the money I paid, and taken for a fool.

Balcony Stateroom – Aurea

Cabin was a smaller balcony, no sofa, chair or coffee table. Other people on the cruise were welcomed to their cabin with cute towel animals, I was not. Toilet did not always work and something was wonky with the shower enclosure. Balcony door had to worked on before I could get it to open and something made a rattling noise 24 hours a day. Cabin steward was good and made sure I had ice morning and night.

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

Not interested in this port

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

No tour available. Was told I am too and and disabled for the Caribbean.

Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve

Iffy if able to dock. Bad planning on behalf of MSC building an island in the wrong place.

4 Helpful Votes