3. Carnival Dream
This was the first cruise all 9 of us and we couldn't be happier. It was my wife and I, our 3 grown children, 2 of their friends, and my wife's parents. After we were home we sat down and tried to find something negative to say about the trip (not including things beyond their control like the rough weather on the last sea day that made a few of our group seasick) and we could find nothing to fault. Our biggest fear regarding cruises was the crowds...but after the first day once everyone was on board, had access to their rooms, and finished just wandering around the ship to check it out it was rarely crowded in any one location. The obvious exception was in the lobbies just before the restaurants would open, and after we had to be out of our rooms but hadn't yet been called to get off. The ship was clean, well kept, and every one of the staff that we had the pleasure to interact with was friendly and did everything in their power to please us. If you're considering this ship you won't regret it.

Great trip!

Carnival Dream Cruise Review by tubacka

If you're considering this ship you won't regret it.
tubacka’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Dream price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A
We chose an interior because my wife likes to have no windows so that it's darker when we sleep. It was cleaned well every day and everything worked just fine. The bed was comfortable, but the split in the middle where the two twins were put together to make a king can be a little tough to deal with at times. The cabin is small and other than the bed only had one stool to sit on, but this was fine with us. The only times we were in the room was to sleep, take a short nap, or when the wife was a bit seasick when the weather got rough.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Chankanaab National Park Tour
    We got the beach, snorkel, and lunch package. The beach was great and not overly crowded even though there were 7 cruise ships in port. Snorkeling was excellent as expected in Cozumel. I don't recommend getting the buffet lunch add on. The food was so-so at best, and we were told that when we sat down a waiter would take our drink order. In the 45 minutes that we were there and even after asking someone to get us a waiter no one ever came. We finally just served ourselves at the juice station. The restaurant a little farther down the beach by the dive shops has much better food and is very reasonable.
    View All 236 Chankanaab National Park Tour Reviews
  • Galveston
    We drove in, parked, sailed, got in our cars and left. Not really anything to say about Galveston, we only saw the port and the parking lot.
    View All 679 Galveston Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Galveston Cruise Port Review
  • Progreso
    We hired a private van and guide to take us into Marida, show us around, and take us shopping at a market area that the locals go to. Since it was Fat Tuesday a lot of the shops were closed but enough were open that we were able to have a good time and shop. We were lucky that my son's girlfriend is fluent in Spanish because we were very much where the locals go. The guide helped a lot but when our group of 7 would spread out into different shops it came in handy having an extra translator. I met nobody in the entire 5 or 6 block area that spoke English. At no time did we feel even remotely unsafe, but we were also happy that our guide is a State Policeman and guided tours on his days off.
    A great time was had by all.
    View All 13,942 Progreso Cruise Port Reviews