Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review

Fun cruise!

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Out of Towners

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

Chose this cruise because I've been on a Celebrity cruise before, and because it fit around the costs and dates we needed to coincide with work vacations. We are a couple in our mid 50s, early 60s.

Celebrity does a great job with preparing you for the cruise, all the information you need is online. If it's not, then you'll get it in an email before you leave, and in plenty of time! Their embarkation process is smooth, you're on the ship in no time.

The Infinity needs a makeover but it's getting one this year so I won't go into the details except to say at no time did we feel it wasn't clean...it's just old.

Most meals were taken at the Oceanview Cafe (buffet style). Food always looked and tasted great. Heard a guy ask if they had corned beef hash, they didn't but there were 1,000 other items. Ate one dinner in the Main Dining, we had select dining where a specific time was not required. Meal was delicious and although some might think it's not enough food, you do not leave hungry. They placed us (a couple); at a private table, but it was less than 12" from the other table. Not ideal for privacy.

Key West was fun, they offer a free shuttle to/from the ship to one point in town. Cozumel, our excursion canceled due to rough waters, we walked a mile up the street, no beach nearby, rows of shops everyone trying to get you into their business. Not my thing.

I wish this cruise played more upbeat Caribbean music at their pool. On port days, it felt like elevator music was played. Most days it was 80 - 90s mellow music, again. Not my style on a cruise.

The ship offers plenty of places for down time, hideouts etc you never feel overwhelmed with people. I would like more upbeat places to dance at night, it just isn't that awake at night. Their comedian was hilarious with his improv, and the Cruise Director was super, he's a keeper, Celebrity!

Their shows at night were below the level I've seen on other ships, not sure why. Would I sail again? Celebrity definitely yes. Infinity, not sure.

Out of Towners's Full Rating Summary

Nothing lacking except bar soap for washing hands. Portal Window definitely needed cleaned on outside. Room was fine!

Out of Towners