3. Magellan
Sometimes the food was great, sometimes very ordinary. The desserts in particular started to taste much the same - there was often no subtlety or nuance of flavour. It was just all sugar and chocolate. The only exception was when I had a couple of lemon desserts which were extraordinary. We were given a outside view cabin on the 5th deck but would advise people not to book ocean view rooms on the fourth or fifth decks. Because of the rough seas we had our windows boarded up for 2 days after another room on the same level had its windows pushed in by the waves. Rooms on the 4th had quite a few days extra with boarded up rooms. Our cruise was one day late in leaving but we ended up missing out on two port calls. We were given a refund of one day but it was placed on our cruise account and had to be spent on board. I thought that was incredibly cheeky. But I did like the fact that they gave each passenger I further 50 pound credit. Do not expect much quietspace to read as the library is right near the area where trivia quizzes and games are played. And while there are doors at each end of library they kept on swinging open when the ship was in motion. On the final day we were required to vacate our rooms by 6 a.m. This meant that you had meaning hundreds of passengers awaiting disembarkation for hours, during which many of the toilets what closed the cleaning or closed for maintenance. There were ridiculously long lines. This was poorly organised. Similarly disembarkation at ports was a dog's breakfast. Cabins were roomy.

Variable. Sometimes great, sometimes missed the mark.

Magellan Cruise Review by Leigh24