Celebrity Summit Cruise Review

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by kfneal

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class 1

This was our 3 cruise on Celebrity, we sailed out of San Juan and went to 5 different ports, I wish we would have only gone to 4 but the one nice thing is when you are in port, if you choose not to leave the ship you can sit by the pool with out having to jockey for position on the deck chairs! Although people would snag a chair and leave there stuff on it for hours until they returned from port I think holding a chair for more then an hour is not OK! The ship was very nice a bit smaller then our first two ships the Equinox and the Silhouette, the majority of the ship was very clean my husband used the fitness center and said he had to really wipe down the equipment because it’s was filthy! He said that room was dirty carpet needed to be swept! Our room was a bit smaller then the other ships but that was not a big deal! We were disappointed that we could not open our balcony’s divider between our room and our friends! On our other cruises we could get room service anytime, this ship only had breakfast! The shows were pretty good, comedians were our favorite! Food was great love the burger bar! Our room was close to the front and had an obstructed view!

The shore excursion were ok swimming with the turtles was great, Marigot bay just ok, I’m glad we had on board credit to use or we would have been upset if I had to pay for a couple of them!

We dined in the main dining room and our waiter and staff was fantastic, the food was great as well one night I think the first night we were not really thrilled with the menu but it improved a lot as the week continued.

The ports we stopped at were Bardadoe's, St Lucia, Antigua, St Kitts and St Thomas At St Lucia the guys ziplined and although they enjoyed it they spent more time getting to and from then they did actual zip lining, they also said their boat broke down which made the trip even longer.

We will travel on Celebrity again, however we would like to see some different ports, we had a number of perks which was great, wifi, premium drink (which I think is not worth the price unless you drink all day, every day top shelf booze!) tips, and on board credit.

kfneal's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Class 1

Clean, functional plenty of storage a bit smaller then used to, shower leaked left a puddle

On the floor! Our room steward was great! Had an obstructed view big divider in way! Could look Down on others balcony below didn’t like that, and if I were them I wouldn’t like it either!

San Juan

It was a quick tour, informative but wished we could have tasted the different rums!

Turtle Swim

It was awesome swimming with the turtles I wish we would have gone earlier in the day but all in all it was great best one of our excursions

View All 96 Turtle Swim Reviews
Ziplining

guys went ziplining, they spent more time getting there then zip lining, then the boat broke down it was a bit of a mess!

View All 40 Ziplining Reviews

Beach was small sand was gross and it was only 2 hours on the beach then we had to leave! Not impressed

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Catamaran Sail

It was a bit rough, but the crew made it fun stopped at a beach it started raining but all in all it was a good time!

View All 123 Catamaran Sail Reviews
St. Kitts (Port Zante)

Just shopped and went back to the ship we have been to St Kitts before

Sapphire Beach

Beautiful beach, again not a lot of time to spend there got one free drink and the excursion people were a bit rude!

View All 41 Sapphire Beach Reviews