Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review
1,874 Reviews

Teriffic cruise on Reflection!

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by CTFireChief

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 1A

Although I'll sail most cruise lines for the right deal/itinerary, I consider myself pretty Celebrity loyal based on my past experiences. This cruise did not disappoint! I appreciate the hard working, friendly, & personable staff and senior officers. Rich Clesen was the CD and he's very good.

The itinerary was the draw of this cruise -2 nights in NOLA for Mardi Gras! The ships pier location was excellent, as was the daytime trip up the Mississippi to get there. It was a short walk to both the National WWll Museum and the French Quarter. The museum was amazing, don't miss it if you're in NOLA. There were several parades each day & night. It was a great experience to be a part of. We also visited Grand Cayman & Cozumel.

Grand Cayman was very very windy. So much so, that the Captain considered canceling the port that during the night. Instead, he anchored around the other side of GC, which was much further away from everything tourist. That resulted in relocating the local tenders, and obtaining buses to bring guests to Georgetown (the intended anchoring location,) I heard that cost Celebrity $30K! It was genuinely appreciated by the guests. I did a private catamaran with my group of 9, with Sail with Friends. The captain's, Patrick & Alice, are a couple originally from Ireland! Despite the weather, they made it a great day for us. Consider them highly recommended!

In Cozumel, we went to Mr. Sancho's -a favorite all inclusive beach club.is a good value for $50 (on Viator.) Nice beach, good food & drinks, and it includes both beach lounge chairs and a dining table. It's a 10 minute taxi ride from the pier once you've navigated through the shopping maze. Pro tips: Following the green "Emergency Evacuation" signs is the easiest way to find the taxi stand. Try to get a group together to keep the taxi price down ($17 for 1-4 or $23 for 5-8,) and get off the ship early to get a good location at Mr. Sancho's -it'll get crowded.

I very much enjoyed the onboard entertainment. It's always consistently very good on Celebrity, but with one exception this was probably the best overall entertainment I've ever experienced on a Celebrity ship. We had several guest entertainers (Google them.) Domenick Allen (high energy musician & singer) Dan Wilson (comedian,) James Cielen (illusionist,) All McCartney Live (Paul McCartney tribute group,) & December 63 (Frankie Valli tribute group) that were each terifficl. To have them all of them on the same cruise was just amazing. Nikia Camp (solo singer.guitar) & Sea Sharp (dance band) were excellent as well. The one band that I did not enjoy was the Long Play. Although their music was great, they were uncharacteristically unfriendly -which is what I will remember about them. That is not a good quality on a cruise ship.

Celebrity has a guest speaker program on sea days called "Beyond the Podium," which features programs on varied topics of interest. I thoroughly enjoyed (and learned from) each DNA presentation by Dr. Hal Tinberg (Romanov's, Vietnam Unknown Soldier, Titanic child, Jesse James.) The Staff Captain did a nice one on ship navigation.

The Stream internet was pretty expensive ($322 for 10 days.) I asked when it gets discounted, and learned it was after NOLA ($210) I didn't need it for NOLA so that's what I did. It was very fast and you could easily upload pics & videos, as well as video chat on WhatsApp. You cannot do that with the less expensive Surf package.

I give this entire cruise a 10/10!

CTFireChief's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah 1A

Cabin was in very good condition and well maintained by the steward throughout the cruise. I enjoyed an unobstructed balcony view on the port side, aft. It was close to the elevators -but not too close for noise. One nice thing about aft, is that it's a short trip to the Opus Dining Room. There was plenty of storage space and hangers in the closet. Bathroom is reasonable size, also with plenty of storage. I've seen people ask, so I'll mention that the bed was closer to the balcony door than to the cabin door.

CTFireChief