Norwegian Epic Cruise Review

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by beach980

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I have gone on 6 cruises mostly with RC. After this experience I will never go with the Norwegian Epic ever! We just got back. Traveled end of Feb 2020. I will give you the pros and cons of our experience

Pros

-Food was great, Loved the crepe station in the buffet

-lots of dinning options,

-ship/room decor was nice,

-entertainment was good. (best comedians ever!)

Cons

-The ship has no idea how to control 4000 people!  Never have I ever seen such lines!

-The line ups to get on and off the ship at each port was about an hr long wait! No Joke,  IT WAS RIDICULOUS! Good luck if you booked a private excursion!

-Ship was late leaving ports and late arriving!  No one was happy with arriving late at the port when we only have a couple of hrs there

.-The itinerary wasn't good. We left Aruba and sat at sea circling Aruba for a day then arrived at the island right beside in Curacao, very disappointed we didn't get longer at the port, wish I had noticed the terrible port times before I booked!  I should have paid attention, arriving in Curacao at 6am then leaving at noon is terrible.  (In the past RC Cruise lines offered full days at each port)

-line ups in the Buffet was crazy long in the morning especially for the omeletts

-The theatre was so small we had to make reservations and when we found out we needed reservations several days before the show they were already sold out.  We have never had to make reservations on any ships before, so we had no idea!

-the Ship was very under staffed!  Dinner service in the dining room was over 2 hrs!  most nights it took forever for any food to come!

-Ship was so under staffed that they didn't even open any waterslides on the sea day. I asked why it wasn't open and staff said because it was windy but the following day it was finally opened and it was very windy that day, I assumed because of staffing issues?

-They had a Cirque du Soleil show, they were charging an extra $25 per person to see the show!  We shouldn't have to pay extra to watch entertainment!

-We love sitting with other couples at dinner to visit, but on this ship if you want to sit with someone you have to make arrangements in advance then make a dinner reservations.  Most of the dining room was couples tables.  We never did get to sit with anyone.

-The layout of the ship is terrible, no open areas to walk across, had to constantly walk around casino tables and dinner tables, too crowded to walk anywhere!

-Lineups for elevators was crazy!  We took it once and never again!  people squished on like sardines probably because it took so long.

-the room had a stupid layout.  The toilet was right beside the bed!  I can sit on the toilet and touch my bed!  not very romantic to me!

- NCL doesn't offer any towel animals on their ships, they said to cut down on laundry.

beach980's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

The decor was very nice but the set up of the room is terrible! The toilet is right beside the bed, so not romantic. The sink is at the end of the bed, I guess I can sit on the bed while I brush my teeth. The doors to bathroom and shower are totally see through, however there is a curtain you can pull. The better floor plan would have been to have the bed on the other side of the room, beside the balcony, not beside the toilet!

beach980