3. Carnival Panorama
We stayed in Suite 11221, which was a beautiful comfortable room but I would advise people to avoid this particular cabin and the ones around it unless you don't want to get any sleep. This suite was directly under the weight room in the fitness center and meatheads above us were slamming and dropping heavy weights on the floor (our ceiling) from 8 am on. The fitness center was supposed to close at 10 pm and yet there was someone slamming weights into our ceiling until 10:45 the first night. I was told by the customer service desk that they let the staff go work out after 10. We nicknamed the room, 'Thunderdome' after a while, and continued to complain. They did have the spa manager go over there and tell people to cease and desist, which helped a little. They also gave us a $300 cabin credit for our pain and suffering. I personally think on a ship that rocks, there shoudn't be any free weights except for light ones, you can so easily injure yourself or others. I watched a guy throw two 80 lb hand weights to the floor when he decided it was too much weight and his steroided arms got weak. I really wanted to like this ship. It's new and nice, and lots of free things to do. We loved the comedians, they were really talented. The big shows were forgettable. The food - nearly nothing for good desserts. If you wanted a really decadent dessert, you had to pay a fortune for it at the coffee bar. The main dining room has lots of blind spots so you can't see the waiters dance, which is always fun. We paid over $4k for a suite, you'd think we'd get some consideration and a better table but no. You had to tip them to get a decent table. I realize they are serving thousands of people a night but the food was always barely warm, including the salad dressing. They actually had the bottles of dressing under a heat lamp, I kid you not. We had dinner in the steak house and they overcooked my filet mignon into beef jerky. I ate part of my husband's steak, which was excellent and they didn't charge me for my meal. I took some cheesecake to go and that was divine. The myriad activities were fun, we enjoyed the cruise elegant nights and got some really nice pictures. HUGE improvement now with their online system to pick the photos you want to buy at the end of the cruise and don't have to hunt down your printed shots, which anyone could throw away. Embarkation was a breeze since we arrived a bit late, as our flight to LAX was delayed. No lines whatsoever in the afternoon, took our bags straight to our cabin.

Avoid Rooms on Deck 11 below the fitness center

Opiod!Mode’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Panorama price drops

Cloud 9 Spa Balcony
Cabin 8S
Avoid cabin 11221 like the plague.
Spa & Sports Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Horseback Tour
    Even though it was raining we had a blast riding horses. The woman who runs her own ranch is from California originally so communication was super easy. They took us up a mining trail with beautiful scenery overlooking the town below, then along a paved trail by a river, with a stop at a restaurant with excellent food. Loved it! We got some great photos along the way. Our guide was excellent and very mindful of us having a safe and fun ride.
    View All 7 Horseback Tour Reviews