3. Voyager of the Seas
Ship-Voyager is a good size ship, but with the renovations, they have reduced public space for more cabins. Too many people squeezed into smaller areas. Even though it was recently refurbished, it is showing its age. Very noisy in certain areas like the promenade, Schooners, Windjammer, and the library. Cabin(inside) was normal, except access to the bed was difficult on the TV side due to the bed touching the dresser. had to step over edge of bed. Dangerous at night if you have to get up. We had them separate the beds so it was open in the middle. Dinning- Windjammer too crowded. Limited seating. Food average, but good variety most days.Main dining- food was a good to very good most nights.We had MY time for 7:00, but we had to line up on Deck 3. They opened at 6:45 to MY Time, and frequently, early seating diners at 5:00 were still inside. Very slow and confusing. Even though we had the same time every night, we were put in different sections with different waiters most e very night. We did have the same waiter the last 4 nights. We purchased a 3 nite Specialty Diner Pkg. The Italian restaurant was good and the first trip to Chops was good. Out in 1 1/2 hrs. 2nd visit was a disaster. Worst dining experience EVER! Was there 2 1/2 hrs. and still hadn't got our deserts. 20-30 minutes between courses. Service very slow. After salad, waited 30 min. for 9oz filet. It was very mushy and had no taste whatsoever. After several bites, I informed the server that I could not eat it. She apologized and said they were having so problems that night. Offered another steak, but I declined. There was not a Manager around to complain too that night, but I did speak to an Officer about it the next day. I have no desire to return to Chops. On the last night of the cruise, the Maitre D gavemy wife and I a glass of champagne, without an explanation. Later I asked him why, and he said it was Because of my experience in Chops. Weird. Entertainment was good most of the time, but they scheduled some of the best on ship entertainers off on the same evenings, like in the Pub and the Schooner. Weird! Service was good to very good. Great room steward. Ports- this was the cruise that had to change about 3 Ports of call due to the Virus. It was very disappointing and many guests were upset. We understood, however and made the most of it. We did not receive any compensation, but did get a refund for RC shore excursions that were cancelled. Debarkation was a real Cluster. Ship was held up for clearance until after 8:00. We were told to go to the Tavern for a 7:30 departure on a bus transfer to airport. Speaker in the Tavern was not working and we did not hear any announcements to leave. Once we could leave, everyone was trying to get off, regardless of their time. We missed our transfer, but were put on a later one. We got to the gate at the airport as they were loading the plane for the flight to L.A. One last comment- RC needs to seriously consider a non smoking policy. IT's time! The smoking areas on 11 were very large. The entire pool area smelled of smoke. hard to avoid. many children around. They had it located between the ice cream and pool exchange areas, with a portable bar in the middle. Really?

Disappointing cruise.

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Bill508

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Service was good to very good. Great room steward.

Bill508’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 3V
average size. No space to get to side of bed on dresser side.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins