Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Oddfairy

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

My mum chose the itinerary as she'd never been to the Caribbean. Its a smaller ship, which is easier to navigate around, but also much easier to meet people & make friends which is exactly what happened. The staff were warm, friendly but quick & efficient. The food was excellent, and the rotten weather couldn't spoil the mood. In fact due to the bad weather we had to find social things to do + so met more people than we would expect to.

I did see + hear other passengers moaning very loudly about ridiculous things, which I thought was petty and at one point very cruel... absolutely no need to be nasty. But there will always be someone who enjoys being miserable... which is sad, and on this trip, completely unnecessary.

I would go back to the Serenadeoftheseas in a heartbeat.

My 1 and only criticism, which I know is due to my age, is that the entertainment on the whole was dated, unoriginal, unfunny and very poor quality. The in house singers + dancers far outshone the so called "Headline Acts". None of whom I would give any rating at all.... not even 1 star. The majority of the mostly elderly audience appeared to love them, which to me was incomprehensable... but each to their own. Its a huge shame, as the rest of the activities organized by the excellent Chris Brown, were fun, engaging, stimulating and original.

Oddfairy's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony

Nice size, unremarkable view. Not worth the extra for the larger balcony. Furniture was very bashed + needs replacing but comfy beds & we were only there 2 sleep so we were happy.

Oddfairy