Eurodam Cruise Review

Eurodam Cruise Review by TrynitiDejavu

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Standard Interior Stateroom

I took this cruise with my mother because we had been talking about it for awhile. I was blown away by how much fun this type of vacation was. I will defiantly cruise to Alaska again. I cruised on the Holland America Eurodam because that ended up being what was available for the time frame I wanted as well as price, it was an amazing ship. We booked an interior cabin and only ate at the buffet for our trip and really enjoyed ourselves. The crew made it such a great experience as well. I remember our steward was always so attentive to my mom and I, if he was in the hall when we returned to our room, he would always open the door for us. I wish I was better at remembering names for sure, I'd let you know who it was...

Our ports were also incredible, so beautiful and so much wildlife. We went to Juneau, Sitka (my favorite), Ketchikan and Victoria Canada. Juneau was lots of fun to walk around, Red Dog Salon is a must! We also did the salmon bake there, the food was OK, the surroundings were wonderful! Sitka was my favorite town, we walked to a totem park and museum, saw the ladies do the Russian dancing and took a boat excursion, all were amazing. Ketchikan we just walked around doing a little shopping. At Victoria we only had a few hours and took the hop-on hop-off bus, for a ride around the town.

We cruised Glacier Bay as well. This was such an experience. We had Forest Rangers on board narrating our trip into the park. There was also a native that shared some of his life and experiences. I really enjoyed going to the front of the ship and being served split pea soup while watching and hearing the glacier.

My experience was so wonderful and I am now SO hooked on the cruise life!

TrynitiDejavu's Full Rating Summary

Standard Interior Stateroom

Very clean and cozy.

Seattle

We did what I now know is a no-no and flew in the day of the cruise and flew home when the cruise returned. So we didn't spend time here.

Glacier Bay

So beautiful! We saw a lot of wildlife as we cruised up the bay. A Forest Ranger joined us aboard as well as a native from the area. There was so much information shared while we cruised as well as a presentation in the theater. Defiantly an experience I will remember the rest of my life.

Double Decker Bus Tour

We were only here a few hours, so we enjoyed the bus tour around the town. This made me want to come back some day to really explore Victoria

View All 41 Double Decker Bus Tour Reviews
Ketchikan

We walked around town, enjoying the shopping there.

The salmon bake is near an industrial park so it was surprising driving in. The area is beautiful. The food was decent and there was plenty. There was a gentleman playing guitar while we ate. You can roast marshmallows and make a smore at the campfire. There is a little trail that leads along a creek to a waterfall and an old abandon mine.

We mostly walked around the city. We visited the Red Dog Saloon as well, this is a must go!

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Sitka was my favorite port. So quiet and serine. We walked the town most of the day, enjoying the Russian culture in town, and the native culture on the outskirts at the Totem park. We even accidentally stumbled into the culture center right as the women in town demonstrated their dancing. Our afternoon was our boat wildlife excursion, this was fun as we toured around the bay looking for whales and enjoying the other wildlife. We were dropped off right at the ship too. An amazing fun day!

View All undefined undefined Reviews