3. Norwegian Breakaway
Let me start by saying I have been on many cruises. CCL, NCL, RCL, Disney and on the River Nile. Any time in the Caribbean in February is nothing I can complain about. Embarkation was pretty smooth. Debarkation was chaotic. I don't understand why St. Thomas was such a short stop. Either you went to the beach for a couple of hours or you shopped. No real time to explore St. Thomas or St. John. The ship was absolutely packed to the gills. Only two elevator banks for that many people? We thought we remembered more on the Getaway two years ago, or different location for them. Perhaps someone elss knows if I am wrong about that. The bars were ridiculous. You had to wait way too long for drinka. When you know you have that many who have the alcohol pkg, you should increase your number of bartenders. The bartenders did an amazing job considering that challenge. The food. Boring pretty much in the main dining. Nothing special. No filet or lobster night. And their salad bars are a joke. That is one of the things I most look forward to on Carnival ships. They have an amazing salad bar. Upcharge restaurants - it is true, no more crab at Ocean Blue. Cagney's was pretty good, except that we hsd a couple of crew, young performers on the ship clearly on their first date, and they gossiped about many of their colleagues by name all during the meal. Moderno was pretty good. Best salad bar on the boat, and never-ending meat, some of which was overcooked. The pool area. What pools? One pool for over 4,000 people? It looked like spring in Cancun. And the hot tubs were crawling with children all day. We thought we remembered at least another pool on the Getaway back by the Spice H2O area. The thermal suite was amazing. Well worth the money. The rest of tg h ed spa is just expensive, as usual. Entertainment - good. We saw Six, which I really liked. Those girls can sing and dance. We did not see Velvet. Escape The Big Top was sold out. The 80s band, Switch, at Syd's Pour House was good. The other band that played there I thought was only ok. Nowhere near as big a crowd. Didn't go in the disco. Stateroom - We upgrade bidded for a spa balcony. Probably paid too much, but I'm not sure of that. It was fine, deck 14 way up front near the bridge. Alot of people had problems with their toilet not flushing.no more towel animals and our room steward had absolutely no personality but he did an ok job. I think that is all I have to say. Maybe I will think of more. But I will not go on the Breakaway again. Too many others to choose from. And I am selling my cruise credits. A friend of mine was cruising Royal at the same time, and he posted a picture of them all dining on filet one night, and 30 lobster tails to share between 10 of them. This was in the regular dining room. You still get that on Carnival in the regular dining.

Not like Getaway

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Gertie17

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Spa Balcony Stateroom

Any time in the Caribbean in February is nothing I can complain about.

Embarkation was pretty smooth. Debarkation was chaotic.

Gertie17’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Spa Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B9
Average.hangers had to be taken out of the closet at night, or they bang together and on the walls.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins