3. Carnival Horizon
We had a fantastic week on the Carnival Horizon! This was my 27th cruise and have been on Carnival, Royal, Disney and NCL. I really love the layout of the new Carnival ships. So open and beautiful! We really love the Lanai area on deck 5th! Love how you can get a coffee and just sit out in some comfy couches or chairs and look out at the sea! The coffee shop makes a nice hazelnut latte! Boarding this ship was a breeze! We had boarding group 5 and were literally on the ship and at Guy's burgers by 11:45 am! It was great! Our room on Lido was ready at 1:30 as posted. We had Inside this time and I really do not mind giving up a window or balcony to be on Lido inside. Walk out my room and to the pool in like 1 minute! The room is designed with plenty of room for the 2 of us and we slept so good! The elevators are what everyone complains about, but as long as you use them correctly they work! That is after the 1 st day when everyone has them confused! LOL You put in your floor and how many! So if you have 4 people then you hit that 4 times. Not that big of a deal and we did fine with it. When a group walks up with 5 and only hits it once that causes a problem! The dining was so good! Although I can't comment much on the Buffet because we rarely go! We did however enjoy the Guys burger, Blue Iguana Cantina, BBQ on deck 5 outside. We also enjoyed our dinner in the dining room! The staff were so attentive and excellent. This ship was so clean! Everyone always cleaning and keeping it so beautiful! We did visit the Seafood shack a few times! We could get a pound of peel and eat shrimp for $10 and sit out at Tides pool and watch the sunset! Perfection!!! The Buffalo shrimp were good too! Totally worth the extra cost. The only disappointment was the stage shows The stage is so small and they cant do much with it? We did enjoy the DIVE IN movies every night! Love that they give you popcorn and a blanket! Showed a lot of Disney which I love! Saw Lion King and the new Aladdin! So fun. My friend and I did the thrill theater too! Kind of creepy , but fun! Our room stewards were excellent! Always called us by name and kept ice bucket full all the time! This ship never felt crowded to us. We never waited for anything , but we never went to the buffet either. We did get wait listed for Teppanyaki and got in! What a fun experience! Our chef was so funny and talented! Worth the splurge! The ports in the Southern Caribbean were spectacular! Some of the best places we have ever been! Loved Aruba and did an excursion with Carnival that got great reviews! VIP sail and snorkel on a 100 foot wooden Schooner sailboat with open bar and lunch! All I can say is WOW! What a day! All our stops were so fun! This was overall one of our best sailings ever! We are not too hard to please! We just love cruising! We did self walk off the ship and was out in no time! Do not pay attention to the negative reviews! The elevators are not that big of a deal and the staff was incredible everywhere we went! I did a massage too and the staff at the Spa was always so fun and energetic! Great Cruise and great memories! Bon Voyage!

Wonderful week in the Southern Caribbean!

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by BABYJOSIE98

BABYJOSIE98’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Interior
Cabin 4H
Inside on Lido is the bomb! You are literally out on the pool deck in 2 minutes! So nice and convenient! Love Lido!
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Sailboat Tour
    Our favorite excursion! This was booked with Carnival! The staff were amazing and the water is Aruba is just spectacular! We sailed around the Island and then anchored off shore! You could snorkel if you wanted and all equipment provided! Then a chef prepared Mahi mahi, chicken and beef skewers with dipping sauces, Potato salad and rice! So good! Open bar never stopped after you snorkeled! It was just perfect I would recommend to anyone VIP sail and snorkel!
    View All 10 Sailboat Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    Private guide for the day! 7 hours of fun with Big Larry!
    Took us so many fabulous places! We toured the Curacao Distillery and had a drink. Then off to the salt flats to see the wild flamingos feeding. We stopped and got some local beers and went to some local beaches where the fisherman were bringing in their catch for the day! They were cleaning them and giant turtles were coming into feed! We ended the day at more local beaches watching a gorgeous sunset! It was perfect! Then we had a few hours that evening in Wlimdstedt! Great day!
    View All 203 Island Tour Reviews
  • Grand Turk
    2 ships in port so a bit crowded. I did a massage in the morning at 7am and then we walked off and headed to Jack Shack. Managed to get 2 chairs and an umbrella for $15 and was perfect-Walked over to Jack Shack for some beer and jerk chicken and it is fantastic! Wish we had more time there!
    View All 2,170 Grand Turk Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Turk Cruise Port Review
  • Chavon Special
    Awesome with Seavis! They put us in taxis and took us to the river and we got on a thatched roof river boat! Fresh fruit served immediately and was so fresh and good!
    Then we sailed down this gorgeous river! Once we reached our destination we had an authentic Dominican lunch! The Fried eggplant and yucca croquettes were fantastic! After l lunch we had Dominican coffee and some Mamajuana made local on the island. We hiked across the rope bridge and got great views of the river up high! They were also filming the next episode of Survivor along the river and that was fascinating to see all the contestants and set! They got us back in plenty of time to shop a bit at the port! By the way the rum and coke never stops flowing on the boat! We even danced on the way back! Fun day!
    View All 3 Chavon Special Reviews