3. Harmony of the Seas
We chose this cruise (1) to move us up to D+ before our Dec cruise, and (2) proximity of our home to Port Canaveral. We were in Grand Suite 10250. We left our house at 9:10am and were ON the ship by 10:30am. ARRIVAL - Dropped hubby off with luggage and went up to park. You have to pay on the way in as opposed to on way out at other locations. Walked right in and up to the ship. This place surely have their "ducks in order" and it was pleasant and quick! CABIN - As expected. Our steward was awesome and got me an extra pillow and some wine glasses. Cabin was always clean! DINING - We ate every dinner up at the Coastal Kitchen. OMG Chef Henry made sure I got my Onion Soup with no onions (yeah, it's weird) every night and it was fabulous. Every bar server and each of the wait staff was superb! Shout out to Steve the waiter too! Went to the Windjammer once for lunch - aside from the folks pushing their way into line, kids taking and putting back stuff, it felt "dirty" to me. We also went to Johnny Rockets (now over-priced at 12.95 a head - we remember when it was free!) Burgers used to appear hand made but now they are apparently from a box. Would not go back. Starbucks is Starbucks. SHOWS - Grease was great, 1687 (whatever year) was OK and the Ariel show was very good. Many of the ariel shows had to cancel due to weather conditions. CASINO - machines were good - bar service was good SPA - VERY DISPLEASED - I went to the spa on the Explorer in December for haircut and eyebrow wax. The haircut guy was great, took his time, layered my short hair, scalp massage, deep condition and even used some Elemis balm on my face followed by a moisturizer. Loved it. Eyebrow lady was good, but at $35 for a wax, not that good. LOL So when we got on Harmony, I decided to get my haircut (expecting same type of service) and also to treat husband to couples massage using price on the App ($139 pp). Well, the haircut alone ended up being 15 minutes and I was charged $95!!! When we checked into spa, were told couples massage would be $412 and our Diamond discount would be applied but we had to use both discounts due to husband wanting bamboo and me hot stone. I was like, the price on app different. So after some back and forth with the manager (and at this time, there was another woman on other side of the desk who had the same problem with different prices!!). So my comment would be whatever service you want to get - get it IN WRITING BEFORE you book it. I was expecting to pay around $300 NOT $412 and then another $95 for a haircut when I paid less than that for a haircut (and all that came with it) AND and eyebrow wax on a different ship less than 90 days later. We did go down and say something to guest services but heard nothing back. PORTS - St. Maarten - was raining early in the day, so we walked around town and decided to go back to the ship to sit in the pool. San Juan did not even get off - been there enough times. CocoCay - extremely windy and chilly so we walked around and went back to ship. It's a nice place, don't get me wrong, but I prefer Labadee with the dedicated suite area. We were invited to a sailaway from San Juan on the helipad, which was neat. Music and drinks and we got to meet some of the officers. It was very sad to watch the children climbing up the slope of the ship, walking across the cabin windows (trying to be superheros) and no one correcting this behavior (staff or parents). If it were my window they were jumping on I would have been quite angry. I was also irritated at parents pushing the kids into the elevators ahead of them before anyone could even get off (teaching them right?? - WRONG) and observed another family come in and the parents watched the kids run right to the buttons and press them all - parents just smiled at how cute "little johnny" was. I don't mind kids, I have one, but I taught mine to respect elders, not destroy other's property, etc. Perhaps this is a thing of the past. (Rant over). We booked this ship with stops at Falmoth Jamaica, Labadee and Cococay for 2021. Interesting to note all private islands for RCCL.

Not sure I like the larger ships

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Lawnquilt