3. Majesty of the Seas
Just to forewarn this is mainly all a negative comment Lol. This ship is the 3rd smallest in the fleet, and built in the 90s. Boarding was not very smooth for us. Royal Caribbean never sent me any emails or a boarding pass or a barcode or anything. Luckily I had downloaded the app so I at least had our room number but that was it. Ive been on one other cruise that was 10 years ago with carnival so I had no idea I was supposed to have a barcode to board the ship. Nowhere/nothing mentioned that. The room was tiny, which is to kind of be expected but it’s definitely smaller than the rooms I’ve had on carnival. We had an exterior room with a little round dirty window, Not to mention we are on our honeymoon and our bed is two twin beds just pushed up next to each other. We paid for the unlimited drink package, it was around $860 for two, but they were running out of stuff. Day 5 they Ran out of pina coladas. An excursion that I booked has been canceled on four separate occasions. The morning of that port, they were offering it again at a different time so I paid for it got off the ship and waited for an hour to find out that they had canceled it again. So that is now five times I have paid for the excursion just for it to be canceled afterwards. We sat and waited and asked multiple staff off the ship about the excursion and no one seemed to know anything. Finally 45 minutes past the time we were supposed to leave we found someone different to ask who then told us it had been canceled. Talking to the shore excursions desk is a nightmare and they are extremely rude and basically say that it’s not their problem and out of their control. Which is odd because its a royal caribbean excursion. There were Kids absolutely everywhere, When booking I was not aware that kids 12 and under sailed for free or that schools were out for Mardi Gras so maybe I can chalk that up to my mistake of not researching enough but I just had no idea it would be like this Almost every couple we have met have agreed that there are way too many kids. the ship has no adults only place, I was hoping there would be at least one adults only hot tub but no such luck, I did look on the map after I downloaded the app and did not see anything that said adults only but I just had my fingers crossed that there would be something. The hot tub capacity limit was five yet there would be literally 15 kids in the hot tub‘s with masks and snorkels on. Even the bars are full of kids which makes no sense to me how are bars allowed to have little kids. The only area that has no kids is the casino but you can smoke in there so that is just one big cloud of smoke. On port days some things on the ship are closed, not very many bars open, so be prepared to wait a while for a drink. At the pool there Nowhere to ever sit, and people reserve chairs with towels at the crack of dawn and there are just chairs sitting there with peoples towels all day long. I had even gotten up early two mornings to try and get chairs and by 8:30 there is still no where to sit. The policy On royal Caribbean is that if the chair is left unattended for 30 minutes or longer with no sign of returning they are supposed to take the belongings and put into lost and found but no one does that, and they do not even know their own policy. there was one day we saw six chairs with towels on them for over three hours my group finally decided to ask about them and everyone said they weren’t sure what to do. The staff renting out the towels told us to just sit there anyways so we did and then we got out at two hours later by the woman who had been reserving the chairs for five hours. Grand Bahama totally sucked. The port is not pretty at all, and the whole area is beat up from the hurricane. Its definitely not a sight to see. This is where our excursion got canceled but it was too late to book anything else so we got in a taxi to go to a nearby beach spent $40 for a very small and trashy beach area, that once you get to you have to pay for everything. At night there’s just not much to do for a couple in their 30s with no kids, there are quite a few bar areas but they are always empty and never music playing. There are a few game shows and things that go on throughout the cruise but they are pretty boring and all you win is a $.10 keychain. On the last day of the Cruise we finally found a hot tub that did not have 15 kids in it so we get in the hot tub to enjoy our last day with drinks and they start playing Disney movies on the screen with loudspeakers at 1 PM. it was so loud we couldnt even talk to our friends in the hot tub with us. Who wants to sit around the pool watching Disney movies at 1 o’clock in the afternoon?! In the casino, we were playing Texas hold em, the table was totally full, everyone having a great game, and at around 2 o’clock they decided to shut the game down completely because they did not have staff to keep the game going. Entertainment on the ship I would call mediocre. There were two comedians, one who we thought was great, the other was decent. There were multiple musical type shows, which we have zero interest in but to each their own. A couple nights theyd have an orchestra playing. And one night had a magician who was okay. Getting off the boat, was a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE!!! We were two hours late getting to the port which was fine because that was out of their control. But you can choose to either carry off your luggage yourself or you could check it in and the staff will take it off. We chose to take our luggage our self because we knew we would get off the boat and get out of there faster. There was absolutely zero organization and no order as far as who got off the boat when. Anyone on the ship who was carrying off their luggage was directed to all go to deck 4, so over half the ship they expected to be all in one tiny area with their luggage fighting to get off basically. Quickly that store got way too full so they started sending people up to higher decks. There are 4 elevators, and stairs. They were literally yelling at people to quickly go up floors, and to carry their luggage up the stairs and had no one there to help. I noticed quite a few elderly people struggling to get their things up the stairs while the staff just sat and watched them, offering zero help. So now everyone was spread out throughout the ship luggage in hand for about an hour and then they announce everyone to come back down to deck for her and they would start releasing everyone so then you are stuck in the exact same situation, everyone trying to get to the same deck at the same time. It was impossible!!! I don’t understand why they would not have each deck exit one floor at a time instead of telling everyone to meet on the same floor... The wifi was decent. I didnt love spending $100 for it, and it wouldnt stay connected for more than a few minutes, but it atleast worked off and on. This was our second cruise, bur first with royal caribbean. We will NEVER take another RC cruise again, and probably won’t ever even take a cruise in general again because this totally ruined my outlook on cruises. If you are in your 20s-30s with no kids, do not go on this ship. Even with all of the kids aside, there really is just not much to do. The pros were.....our server at dinner was phenomenal. His name was Jake and we loved him. Also most of the bartenders were very good and friendly. Coco Cay was great! It was a beautiful day and multiple places to sit without having to pay extra. It’s also nice that your drink package works on that island. We did an excursion snorkeled on our own and then just went to the pool. The downside I would think about Coco Cay is that there are lifeguards and ropes so that you cannot go out too far for or to certain areas which I’m sure is just for your safety but someone who has 100+ times I did not like being limited. The excursion we did was the stingray city and we absolutely loved it. The tour operators were great and we had more than enough time there. On the ship there was a gameshow called quest, that was a lot of fun! But it was only one night. In Key West we did an excursion called sail and snorkel and it was a lot of fun! However online it says 3 hours, but keep in mind its an hour boat ride out there, and an hour in. So its only one hour snorkel time. Also you dont get to drink until youre on the way back. The guys on the boat were awesome and so helpful. It was a good experience and i’d suggest it. Probably not for children though considering you are out in open water, and it can be a little rough. Also we stayed at towneplace suites in metarie the night before, and were allowed to leave our car there for the week for no extra cost. We ubered to and from the cruise at around $25 each time. When we got off the boat to help our Uber out we walked maybe half a mile so he could get to us easier and faster

Not for couples in their 20-30s

Miley_mako’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 2N
It was smaller than what I had on a carnival cruise. The bed was two twin beds pushed together which was annoying for my husband and i. The window was dirty so we couldnt take pictures out of it. The whole deck smelled of sewage often but i heard that about other decks also. Bathroom and shower was fine.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins