3. Sky Princess
Seasoned cruiser (35 times) on various lines. We are a Elite member on Princess Ship is very beautiful and colors, etc. are certainly on trend. Service was way over the top good in every department. Cleanliness, as always, very good around the ship and in our cabin. Shinto, the barkeeper that I latched on to in the Crown Bar, was a great provider of conversation and drinks during the week. He really knew his job and was such a delight! We are not big foodies so the food was more than adequate. Miss the Escargot in the evenings in the main dining rooms. Deserts continue to be a struggle on most lines. Why not just do some of the basics and do them in a more Americanized version? Apple Pie, Chocolate cake...?? Ate at the Crown Grill the first formal night. Was a disaster. I know we paid half of what we would on a Celebrity ship but, our meals were ruined. My wifes steak ws ordered "well" it cam out medium. No problem. They took it back and redid it. My steak was so bad, that after I cut out all the grizel, there was hardly any steak left to eat. They asked about it and I told them. They insisted on a reselection and told me they would do a Ribeye (medium). About one minute later, here they come with a steak soaking in blood. At that point, I told them to just forget it and bring me some coffee with some cream and Equal. They had no equal or anything similar. At that point, I told them the evening was over. Without suggesting, they compted the meals and we left. We ate at Sabatinis the second formal night. Meal was just okay. Once again, I would rather pay more and get a better Italian dinner without all of the "fru, fru! Entertainment seemed lacking. Embarkation was the fastest that I have seen as well as disembarkation. Very nice. Had a 10:15 flight and even with Lyft, go there early so we could relax. We went to the members only event (captains night). Took forever to get in as people lined up and the Captain wanted to shake every hand. I think in today's age, they need to forgo this tradition of shaking hands. It was like shaking hands with three thousand people. We simply went around, and nodded to him and went in. This guy, was as different as anyone we have ever seen as a Captain on a cruise ship. He seemed a little/lot off. Even used the "F Bomb" during his presentation. Never have seen anyone like him. He thought he was so "cool" but seriously missed the mark!!!..I think most people will enjoy their cruise on the ship but, we will be running back to Celebrity going forward.

SKY PRINCESS..NOT SO GRAND