3. Carnival Liberty
We choose this cruise because it was an affordable quick getaway. Have been on the same RC ships several times and we wanted to be on a ship that was new to us. Carnival had a cruise that met our needs so we booked it. We had been given a boarding time of 12:30pm because we had booked the cruise so late but when we arrived at 10:45am, we were allowed to board almost immediately. The buffet was set up already and the food was excellent. There was a huge array to pick from and everything was delicious. We ate and wandered around the ship to explore it. The ship was in average condition but it is very old so we expected this. The lobby was beautiful and the whole ship is decorated in French design and it was lovely. Our cabin was perfect and we had plenty of room and plenty of storage. The sink in the bathroom did not drain properly so we had to be mindful of this. The shower also did not drain properly. We ended up using our body towels on the floor after drying our bodies. They were needed to absorb the water that was on the floor after each shower. Our room steward was always kind and remembered our names each time he saw us. He had the cutest towel animals for us every night. Our cabin was spotless and I only wish I could remember how to spell his name. We were in room 6262. Be aware that this room is next to the storage area so there is occasional noise. We also could hear some of the lobby entertainment in our room at night but it did not last late into the night so it was ok. We ate at the buffet every night to give us more evening time. The buffet always served what was offered in the dining room so it was basically the same meals. We tried Guy's Burgers one afternoon and it was amazing. I thought it looked greasy and the fries looked too well done BUT that was wrong. The burger was not greasy and the fries were delicious too. I would recommend trying it. We did not do any excursions because we have been to the Bahamas several times already. We did get off the boat in Nassau and did a little bit of shopping. The lobby entertainment was great. Lots of different types of trivia in the afternoons and Lizzy did a great job of keeping us amused. She even took the time to talk to us afterward and what a lovely person she is. Rico Suave was also lots of fun. He took over the trivia one of the days we were there for some fun. I only used the pool once. The water was very cold and smelled strongly of chlorine. I expected it to be cold due to it being February. MarcQ is a wonderful cruise director. I am impressed that I could actually understand everything that was said over the speakers no matter where I was. This is the first time I have been able to understand what was being said whether I was in my cabin or on the deck. He is funny and very personable, which is not what we have found in a cruise director in the past. I wish all cruise directors were like him. We loved being at the Versailles Adult Area and service there was wonderful. Special shout out to Danilo at the bar. No matter how busy he was, he always found time to make sure you were taken care of and was pleasant and funny. He answered all our questions and was right to suggest the drink package to us. We looked forward to seeing him every day. Another shout out to the men who dished out the pizza in this same adult area. They were always busy and always served with a smile. Wonderful hard workers. I didn't think I could sit thru another Love & Marriage show on another cruise but I'm so glad we went to see it on this cruise. MarcQ was hilarious and we laughed the whole time. My husband used the spa twice and said it was amazing. He had gotten on the ship with some lower back pain and once he had a massage onboard, he was pain free. Great service at the spa. I would definitely go on another cruise on Liberty. Everyone on the ship was kind and helpful. Another surprise was that all the guests seemed happy. It was nice to have everyone always saying good morning and smiling at each other. I believe the guests were happy because of the wonderful service that was given on this ship.

Unexpectedly Nice